Forum Replies Created

Page 310 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    August 13, 2007 at 3:22 pm in reply to: Prores422 HQ inferior to DVCPRO50 @ SD

    [Jerry Hofmann] “I also don’t believe you gain any advantage in color correction bumping up to 10 bit from an 8 bit source, because you can’t add any real information in the 10 bit files… i.e the “damage” was done when you shot 8 bit to begin with.”

    I agree you cannot add to what you don’t have but you can surely
    minimize the multi-generational loss (of going between apps etc…)
    if you keep it all 10-bit.

    The post house I work at is pretty much all 10-bit all the time
    for SD and HD, (since 1998) though we have been doing some DVCPRO-HD stuff as well.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 10, 2007 at 10:53 pm in reply to: Final Cut 6 Insert edit issue

    I’ve done this at least 3 or 4 times myself this year.

    my co-workers hear a very loud “DOH” coming out of the edit suite when it happens. 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    August 10, 2007 at 10:42 pm in reply to: Final Cut 6 Insert edit issue

    yeah try editing instead of mastering

  • Chris Borjis

    August 10, 2007 at 7:59 pm in reply to: 480p HD?

    [walter biscardi] “guess it’s really a progressive SD 16:9 format that scales up nicely to 720p?”

    Exactly.

    Those that have shot/edited/scaled the JVC HDV 480P to 720 had the same impression.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 10, 2007 at 7:53 pm in reply to: Final Cut 6 Insert edit issue

    Is that really an issue?

    For everything I do I could care less if it post rolls a few seconds.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 9, 2007 at 10:32 pm in reply to: codecs

    [Daniel26] “Also I am running FCP on a Macbook Pro at the moment. SD and HD seem to run very well
    with no dropped frames using the ProRes codecs.

    This I know maybe a silly question but can I not just use this codec for everything I take in?”

    Absolutely. I do this as well.

    but beware that anyone you share files with has to have fcs 2 installed
    to get the prores codec for playability.

    You get even more codecs if you install kona or black magic cards.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 9, 2007 at 10:29 pm in reply to: 480p HD?

    well, progressive 480 being 480P I can understand, though I don’t know why apple would call that HD.

    JVC I can understand.

    The HDxx series cameras have a special HDV 480P mode that
    records SD in progressive.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 9, 2007 at 10:28 pm in reply to: double-presets how do i get rid of them?

    no duplicates there.

    I tried manually deleting them from within fcp and they
    just come back again.

    I think black magic is pissing me off again.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 9, 2007 at 7:50 pm in reply to: Syncing Color Space

    This sounds like an impossible situation.

    as Rafalaos stated your forcing a YrCr codec to be sRGB.

    That will not produce the results your looking for.
    You have to keep it YrCr if you want it to look right.

    If I understand you correctly.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 8, 2007 at 9:12 pm in reply to: Fibre Channel Dying?

    Fibre isn’t dead yet, but when 10 gigabit ethernet becomes standard on a mac, you can bet fibre won’t be much use after that.

Page 310 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy