Forum Replies Created

Page 301 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 5:11 pm in reply to: HD Reference Monitors for FCP Suite

    OK, so for color correction your eyeballing the lcd and paying real close attention to the scopes then?

    I guess I misunderstood what you meant.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 4:50 pm in reply to: HD Reference Monitors for FCP Suite

    [Shane Ross] “If you don’t have a capture card, then the MXO/ACD option is a nice cheap one…and it can be used for color correction as well.”

    Shane can you clarify something?

    I find it hard to believe that the MXO and an LCD could display proper black levels. Color levels possibly, but blacks are notorously way off on LCD and even Plasma’s at least for accurate reference color correction.

    Or is there something that the MXO and the cinema display do that corrects for this?

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 4:40 am in reply to: Exporting settings going from FCP to Avid

    you should render to an Avid codec so you can play it in realtime and not be worried about level changes.

    you can download the free codecs at their site.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 21, 2007 at 3:31 pm in reply to: Gradient banding with Blackmagic 10bit codec

    What are you monitoring this on?

  • Chris Borjis

    September 21, 2007 at 3:30 pm in reply to: time for 6.5

    And while your at it, fix the out of field order error that shows up on panasonic plasma displays. I was promised that would be fixed in 6.4

    You still have not acknowledged the combing issue with 720P viewing over HDMI either even though I sent pictures proving it.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 19, 2007 at 9:30 pm in reply to: Going from DVCProHD to ProRes 422

    If it were my project, I would want a full recapture.

    Move the DVCPRO-HD files to another folder so that final
    cut can’t find them, then select all the clips and recapture
    with the tapes ready in hand, but change the setting to
    capture in ProRes.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 19, 2007 at 9:27 pm in reply to: USB 3.0 coming…4GB

    oops, the byte/bit thing has made a fool of me.

    thanks for the correction Walter.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 19, 2007 at 1:38 am in reply to: Connecting HDMI cables to G5

    Samah can you confirm if you have pci-x or pci-e slots?
    You might have some more options.

    There was a late batch of G5 duals & quads that have pci-e.
    I have 3 G5 duals and a quad and they all have it.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 18, 2007 at 3:37 am in reply to: Automatic Duck Alternative For FCP to AE?

    You should avoid exporting with an RGB codec like Animation (YUV to RGB issues) and export with a 10-bit uncompressed YUV codec available free from blackmagic design or aja.

    Advice from the CTO of “the Orphanage” vfx house. Quoted from his “DV Rebels guide” book. Highly recommended to everyone here.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 18, 2007 at 3:33 am in reply to: Panasonic HVX 200 Quality

    I’m a huge advocate of 720P myself, but in the special case of DVCPRO-HD I prefer the 1080i version to the 720P version after reading about the codec comparisons and differences by Marco Solorio’s Test results.

Page 301 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy