Forum Replies Created

Page 302 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    September 18, 2007 at 3:28 am in reply to: dvcpro hd / fs-100 workflow weirdness

    open one of the problem clips with quicktime, do a clover + I and tell us the info. (size,fps,codec)

  • Chris Borjis

    September 17, 2007 at 7:07 pm in reply to: project won’t open! UNREADABLE!

    trash preferences (google it if you don’t know what that is)

  • Chris Borjis

    September 17, 2007 at 3:25 pm in reply to: Chroma out of Spec?

    [walter biscardi] “FCP’s Broadcast Safe filter does a lousy job of chroma/saturation protection so don’t rely on that.”

    Walter I thought you stated in another post that you color correct your shows, then add the broadcast safe filter as part of your post process.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 17, 2007 at 3:22 pm in reply to: FCP 6 won’t play HD for more than 20 seconds-HELP!!!!!

    [walter biscardi] “You will require at least a FW800 drive, p”

    Walter I’m curious, have you ever edited shows in DVCPRO-HD directly from a non-raid FW800 drive?

  • Chris Borjis

    September 14, 2007 at 11:06 pm in reply to: Proper way to capture 24PA via SDI

    If I’m not mistaken you use the easy setup/capture setting that has “varicam” in it. 720P.

    I think you can capture it uncompressed or as DVCPro-HD, then you use the pulldown tool from panasonic to remove the extra frames.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 14, 2007 at 2:56 pm in reply to: enabling slider control of .wmv files

    Thanks for the tip!

  • Chris Borjis

    September 14, 2007 at 2:44 pm in reply to: Pre-striped Beta tapes?

    [walter biscardi] “We never pre-stripe them. Just black the first minute, then make an Assemble Edit for the rest of the show.”

    Thats what I do as well, but I only stripe the first 10 seconds.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 13, 2007 at 8:51 pm in reply to: EDL Import Help…real emergency.

    Looks like EDL is not going to work. It requires editing of course and thats not what I want.

    I want just selects from all 20 of my captured dvcpro-hd reels.

    My client is providing me with the clip names, and timecode in and out points on an excel sheet after they viewed timecoded burned dvds.

    I know I could do this by hand but thats not desirable, there has to be a way to do a “batch log import” to get the selects and reconnect the media without capturing.

    when I try it as it is now, each select ends up bringinng in the entire dvcpro-hd file.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 13, 2007 at 8:47 pm in reply to: Known Issues. Enough is enough already! Wake up Apple.

    as far as someone recapturing say 30 minutes of selects and getting all 10 hours capturing again, isn’t that what “make independant clip” is for?

  • Chris Borjis

    September 13, 2007 at 8:35 pm in reply to: Import XD CAM

    Is it just me or is the XDCam workflow not quite there yet?

    The amount of time it takes to deal with copying the media over then having fcp convert it seems to be not much shorter than just capturing as another codec in realtime.

    Glad I stayed with DVCPRO-HD on my current XDCAm project.

Page 302 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy