Forum Replies Created

Page 303 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    September 13, 2007 at 1:53 pm in reply to: EDL Import Help…real emergency.

    Thanks David, I’ll try that.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 12, 2007 at 8:41 pm in reply to: DV 50 or ProRes HQ

    If DV50 is a comfortable/working workflow that looks fine to you and your client, why rock the boat?

    If its not broke, don’t fix it.

    I came from a 10-bit uncompressed only workflow, so ProRes HQ was a welcome disk storage saver. 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    September 12, 2007 at 6:59 pm in reply to: enabling slider control of .wmv files

    What I really need to be able to do is this.

    I launch a .wmv file.

    It plays.

    I grab the slider and move it from the 5 second mark
    to the 45 second mark and it plays FROM the 45 second mark.

    For some odd reason as I make them now, if I grab the slider
    and move to the 45 second mark, it goes right back to
    the 5 second mark. I in effect must watch the entire
    clip in realtime, it won’t allow me to advance forward or back.

    thats what I need to fix.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 12, 2007 at 5:40 pm in reply to: enabling slider control of .wmv files

    will try that.

    thanks David!

  • Chris Borjis

    September 12, 2007 at 5:38 pm in reply to: DNxHD 1080i codec

    Its not really that difficult, goto the avid site and download their quicktime codec package.

    thats all there really is to it.
    https://www.avid.com/onlineSupport/supportcontent.asp?browse=&productID=0&contentID=7952

  • Chris Borjis

    September 12, 2007 at 4:34 pm in reply to: XDcam and FCP storage space

    DVCPRO-HD is just a little over 50GB per hour in the 1080i mode.

    Way less than ProRes in filesize.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 12, 2007 at 4:20 pm in reply to: XDcam and FCP storage space

    I’m doing an XDCam project right now.

    It’s huge, hours upon hours upon hours of footage.
    There’s some HDV B-Roll too.

    I took the expert advice of Walter Bascardi and
    we’re doing the entire operation as DVCPRO-HD.

    Footage we are not using currently gets archived
    to Western Digital 1TB mybooks.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 12, 2007 at 4:10 am in reply to: exporting to flash (flv)

    [sumfun] “I thought Flash MX was capable of converting QT to flv’s. Why not use that?”

    thats what we use.

    does after effects support .flv export or only import?

  • Chris Borjis

    September 12, 2007 at 4:09 am in reply to: prores capturing

    this will work, I do it on a daily basis.

    use the “NTSC ProRes HQ 48khz” easy setup and sequence settings.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 11, 2007 at 3:47 am in reply to: exporting to flash (flv)

    David flip4mac support .flv exports?

    I didn’t know that.

    I usually just export a 320×240 animation file and hand it off to my web guy who encodes it with Flash MX.

Page 303 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy