Forum Replies Created

Page 300 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 7:36 pm in reply to: Is my G5 Quad going bad?

    Interesting, its now done it again, but the system is still on.

    the monitor went into sleep mode like the video signal went off, and I moved the mouse and it woke back up, but the red led is still on.

    The sleep mode for the computer is disabled so I don’t know why it would do that.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 7:12 pm in reply to: HD Reference Monitors for FCP Suite

    [Shane Ross] “The Component outs are HD component as well as SD…just like the SDI outs are SD SDI and HD SDI. So he is color correcting in a HIGH DEF color space.”

    yep, just like my multibridge.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 7:09 pm in reply to: HD Reference Monitors for FCP Suite

    ah, I did not know the PVM would take HD in analog.

    I thought it was only if you had the HD-SDI board option.

    If I’m not mistaken the phosphor coating in all PVM/BVM monitors are SMPTE-C but what I’ve always wondered is of the HD circuitry inside remaps the color from 601 to 709. Do the pictures in HD appear much richer (reds etc…)

    Thanks! 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 7:08 pm in reply to: HD Reference Monitors for FCP Suite

    ah, I did not know the PVM would take HD in analog.

    I thought it was only if you had the HD-SDI board option.

    If I’m not mistaken the phosphor coating in all PVM/BVM monitors are SMPTE-C but what I’ve always wondered is of the HD circuitry inside remaps the color from 601 to 709. Have you ever compared them?

    Thanks! 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 7:04 pm in reply to: Is my G5 Quad going bad?

    Yeah I think its the power supply too.

    I’ve heard a lot of the G5 Quads had bad power supplies right out of the box but ours ran for so long without issue.

    Thanks fellas 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 7:02 pm in reply to: Is my G5 Quad going bad?

    [walter biscardi] “How much power is being drawn on the circuit the computer is on? Do you have an adequate UPS hooked up to the computer?”

    We have major overkill on the power, its a heavy duty
    ups with redundant batteries plugged into 220V conditioned power.

    The G5 replaced our SGI Octane (smoke*) and that thing drew way more power.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 6:59 pm in reply to: HD Reference Monitors for FCP Suite

    Walter, you own the PVM series without HD-SDI option board and you are connected to it via component analogue correct?

    Are you editing and color correcting in Final Cut in HD and using your AJA to downconvert realtime in hardware to your PVM?

    Thats what I’ve been doing here and it seems to be ok.

    I believe it has something to do with the fact that the PVM and BVM both use SMPTE-C phosphours.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 6:18 pm in reply to: HD Reference Monitors for FCP Suite

    Good points all David.

    Shane one more question (i promise heh heh)

    I’ve been wondering about these multi-sync Sony crt
    monitors with the optional hd-sdi cards in them.

    when you monitor something in SDI or HD-SDI, does
    the HD-SDI image appear much sharper or is it about
    the same as SD SDI?

    Reason I ask is, my sony bvm is spec’d at having 800
    lines of resolution where the pvm’s are usually around
    600-700. But for some stupid reason (typical sony) they
    did not offer an HD-SDI option card for the BVM

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 5:30 pm in reply to: Color Bars Out of Whack on capture

    I think your DVCam deck needs servicing.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 5:29 pm in reply to: HD Reference Monitors for FCP Suite

    [Shane Ross] “BUT…I have an HD CRT that I use 90% of the time…so my blacks are black.”

    If you don’t mind my asking, which brand/model do you use?

Page 300 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy