Forum Replies Created

Page 299 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    September 27, 2007 at 2:55 pm in reply to: DVCPRO50 FROM FCP TO AE AND BACK

    I wonder if that would fix the shifting when using ProRes through an FCP>AE>FCP roundtrip.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 27, 2007 at 2:54 pm in reply to: Increasing resolution by lateral thinking

    Time is money.

    Better to just shoot it in HD and redirect your effort into making a great movie with a great story imo.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 26, 2007 at 5:25 pm in reply to: Is my G5 Quad going bad?

    WOW thanks for the detailed explanation Steve.

    Really appreciate it.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 25, 2007 at 10:28 pm in reply to: Is my G5 Quad going bad?

    ok it happened again.

    man its really hard to see exactly which LED it is since the Dimm brackets are in the way and the front grill for the case is next to that.

    anyway, right next to the LED it says: “LED 804”

    and it appears to be just under the top dimm.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 25, 2007 at 10:09 pm in reply to: Wow Something wrong in Compressor

    [Sean ONeil] “I’m having problems as well. Compressor can’t figure out the right field dominace for 1080i source.”

    I’ve noticed this as well but with SD material.
    If I capture it then compress it, compressor gets the field order wrong. I had to make a preset and force upper field first to get this to work. Directly from final cut timeline it works fine. Problem only occurs when I drop captured media to a dvd preset.

    I realize a lot of people prefer to export timelines first then run compressor because it is faster but my main business is :30 second TV spots and some long form.

    TV spots take mere minutes to compress so why create more work for myself? Also a lot of times I have DVD’s due the next day and I would have to come back to work after exporting a long timeline then drop it in compressor. If I sent to compressor for final cut I can rest easy knowing when I come into work the next day its finished though it may have taken longer to do.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 9:58 pm in reply to: Black Magic Repair

    Are you sure your client didn’t give them a credit card for collateral?

    I have a multibridge extreme that almost went in for replacement and they will send a new one overnight gladly but require a credit card number to charge you if it gets lost on the way.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 9:27 pm in reply to: HD Reference Monitors for FCP Suite

    Equal to or more $$ than a used Sony PVM?

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 9:25 pm in reply to: Is my G5 Quad going bad?

    I’ll pay closer attention the next time it happens.

    this is an early 2006 G5 Quad with PCI-E. (it was purchased right after PCI-E models were released)

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 7:41 pm in reply to: Color Bars Out of Whack on capture

    We had a sony dvcam deck out of whack that did that.

    It also later developed a green cast on the left side, so I sold it as is and got the JVC deck that also plays JVC’s HDV.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 24, 2007 at 7:39 pm in reply to: HD Reference Monitors for FCP Suite

    [Sean ONeil] “Keep in mind, LED backlighting will start being introduced in products these next few years. This can drastically improve the black levels for LCDs. I think it’s a great time to wait on a monitor if possible.”

    Sean I’ve been eagerly looking forward to this as well, but I’m afraid we may all be in for a dissapointment on the first generation at least.

    The new Mac Book Pro’s that have LED backlighting are not that great and don’t have improved contrast at all.

    The Samsung LEC backlit panel is not impressive either. I think it only has 800:1 contrast and still shows banding with high color, and they want $ 1,600 for it (google Samsung SyncMaster XL20)

    The improvement of LED backlighting is not quite here yet imo.

Page 299 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy