Forum Replies Created

Page 297 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    October 12, 2007 at 7:55 pm in reply to: Leap to Leopard? What happened last time?

    If I do upgrade it will be on a “SPARE” drive and on a friday morning with no bookings that day so I have the weekend to test everything.

    I would venture to guess that time machine will have to be disabled for optimum performance in FCP and likely ProTools.

  • [walter biscardi] “All I’m going to say is I’ve had very very bad experiences with those systems.”

    Walter did you get a chance to test one out?
    an actual S2VR-HD and not the Duo or FW versions?

    A few of my local friends have them and had great
    success with the 1 TB model.

    Shane R. and Bob Z. are reporting excellent performance
    and reliability as well.

    Is there some sort of card conflict that HBA causes?

  • Chris Borjis

    October 12, 2007 at 7:26 pm in reply to: Is ProRes HQ a “capturing codec” ?

    There is nothing wrong with ProRes.
    It works perfectly fine for most people.

    I have used ProRes for SD since it came out and I wouldn’t
    go back to uncompressed again if I don’t have to.

    I can vouch for Shane’s ProRes HD testimony though, although
    Apple says a G5 Quad is minimum, it WILL not work
    on all of them, because mine consistenly fails
    to capture after 5 or 6 seconds. Some have been
    able to capture with G5 quads, but I’m not one of them.

  • We’re using Ciprico 4210 Fibre Channel (what can I say, it handles everything we throw at it)

    We’re about to purchase a Caldigit S2VR-HD 5TB sata array.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 12, 2007 at 7:18 pm in reply to: FCP 2 JVC HDV incompatability?

    Its not the camera, its an HDV thing with Final Cut.

    The same thing happens with sony cameras.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 12, 2007 at 2:55 pm in reply to: $ 100 off Dell 2407WFP-HC LCD

    Interesting question about the 4:3 or 16:9.

    Since its only vga and dvi-d with hdcp I would imagine
    it auto switches if your watching HD or SD content kinda
    like a plasma does.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 12, 2007 at 12:55 am in reply to: Audio popping problem not sloved in 6.5. 🙁

    it seems like there are always more issues to deal with on the pc side of things with black magic product.

    Though I admit the mac drivers are not flawless, they seem to have less problems.

    I’m not surprised Vista support isn’t solid, lots of people are having issues with Vista just as an O/S so Microsoft recently allowed OEMS to continue selling XP until a service pack addresses Vista’s many issues.

    I can’t say for sure that your problems will be solved with an AJA product.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 11, 2007 at 2:49 am in reply to: Edit to Tape Frame Accuracy

    I checked this out recently and have the same issue.

    One frame late when inserting/assembling to a DVW-500 sony digibeta deck.

    Would love to see it fixed.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 11, 2007 at 2:35 am in reply to: Sony m25 deck????

    ok try just HDV. (auto usually works)

    If it still can’t play then it must be a 24f recording.

    I capture Canon HDV often on that deck and it works.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 10, 2007 at 5:09 pm in reply to: Audio popping problem not sloved in 6.5. 🙁

    That RC you sent me does not solve the problem.

    Popping abounds.

Page 297 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy