Chris Borjis
Forum Replies Created
-
a friend of mine just told me sony has been holding back a few things so that they can have a huge release of XDCAM product in the same day.
So expect:
the EX Camera
xdcam software
xdcam usb drive
to all ship the same month and like Wayne said, its looking like November. (it was originally to be september back at NAB time)
-
I’d like to know as well.
I’m just about to switch some shows to all XDCAM workflow now that thats all we’re getting for sources on it.
The release of the software update will also mean the release of the xdcam usb drive.
-
[walter biscardi] “Our panasonic plasmas don’t even display SD all that well.”
but of all the flat panels out there, plasma does the best 🙂
I just ordered one of those Dells as well and it says it won’t arrive til november 11. must be in high demand.
as for monitoring, I used a 2407 before we got the plasma for our “big” display. and I can tell you it does a much better job when you feed it over DVI-D with a blackmagic or aja output.
There in the device you can make adjustments to get it very close to your crt.
-
[walter biscardi] “Not in my experience. That would be corrected in the highlights.”
very interesting.
I’m pretty well versed on the procedure for balancing the contrast, but the color cast had me doubting myself.
Thanks very much for the assistance. 🙂
-
[sumfun] “I’d just as soon go with CBR because of the faster encoding.
VBR isn’t any slower than CBR that I’m aware of unless
you opt for more than one pass.I always encode single pass 3-7mbps vbr and it works perfectly for me.
-
an overall color cast though from an unbalanced camera.
that would seem to be mostly in the mids wouldn’t it?
-
I forgot to add something else.
or does he mean for grading footage into a “look” like the green tint in the matrix trilogy.
or does he mean both?
-
[msacci] “When you can get the bitrate up past 6Mbps using VBR is counter productive.”
This is not true.
If you author discs that get really close to a full capacity VBR is the difference between getting it done and not having enough space.
-
Chris Borjis
October 14, 2007 at 10:37 pm in reply to: Punks and perfection — The instability debateI’m one of the few that has very little if any stability issues.
I have to echo Shane’s comments that a dedicated “editing only” system is going to have less issues and thats exactly why I don’t have them.
I too have had to deal with .wmv and even dvd’s as source material. From my perspective its pretty crazy to be using
such low quality sources as material for TV commercials, but it is what it is and thats what some clients are forced to do now.When it comes to that, for me there is only one solution.
Convert whatever the source is, into an uncompressed or prores quicktime file that I know FCP will not have a problem dealing with.
I do this with my trusted and used daily copy of Mpeg Stream clip. I have not seen any watermarks though and you shouldn’t either with the free flip4mac .wmv reader. I’m not sure why it would do that.
-
Chris Borjis
October 12, 2007 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Who is using new 8 core systems? Also Media Drives? SATA?[Shane Ross] “I am looking to upgrade though, to the HD PRo from Caldigit. Better speeds, and RAID 5…which is important.”
you can do Raid 5 and still do uncompressed 10-bit HD with the S2VR-HD can’t you?