Forum Replies Created

Page 295 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    October 19, 2007 at 4:18 pm in reply to: Walter or Shane 1 PVM-14L5 Question

    thats alright if its a /1 or not.

    I won’t be using the 24psf mode anyways.

    I’ll just be happy to have HD over component to a CRT.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 19, 2007 at 3:55 pm in reply to: Walter or Shane 1 PVM-14L5 Question

    so your non /1 does 48hz anyways? Well then…..

    just kiddin with ya, I think I exhausted that subject already lol.

    Thanks again Shane.

    Thats what I needed to know.
    🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    October 19, 2007 at 3:53 am in reply to: HDCAM Edit System Recommendations

    [Bill Paris] “Promax has recommended the Kona 3 Card with a Promax 2.5TB 10 Drive SATA Array or a 5-TB 10 Drive SATA Array.”

    That sounds good, but I don’t know who makes that disk array so I personally would be hard pressed to trust it.

    myself, I have a black magic multibridge extreme (I’d gladly trade for a kona3 which was not yet out at the time) and storage is a ciprico 4210 4GB fibre channel disk array. Its a bit of overkill but I have to be prepared for anything. 🙂

    You might consider the Caldigit HDPRO as a storage device.

    my 2 cents.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 19, 2007 at 12:20 am in reply to: how can you tell a Sony PVM-14L5/1 from a non /1

    Understood 🙂

    just didn’t want to buy one that didn’t and then have a need for it, but if it can be monitored (the 24psf timeline in 60hz) thats all I needed to know.

    thank you

    thank you

    and thank you. 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    October 18, 2007 at 11:42 pm in reply to: how can you tell a Sony PVM-14L5/1 from a non /1

    Shane is it a menu option or front switch to get it in 48hz mode or does it do it automatically from the signal?

    There’s gotta me some way to positively identify a pvm with 24psf capability.

    you knew you were getting one didn’t you?

  • Chris Borjis

    October 18, 2007 at 11:41 pm in reply to: how can you tell a Sony PVM-14L5/1 from a non /1

    is it possible to see 24psf footage without the /1 (with the 60hz mode with the monitor)?

    if it costs the same I’d like to naturally get every feature I can.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 18, 2007 at 10:33 pm in reply to: how can you tell a Sony PVM-14L5/1 from a non /1

    If I’m gonna get one I might as well get the 24 frame capability even though I’ve never done a 24psf project.

    can you tell me what the serial number should show if its a 24psf capable pvm?

  • Chris Borjis

    October 18, 2007 at 9:58 pm in reply to: how can you tell a Sony PVM-14L5/1 from a non /1

    ok thanks Shane.

    I was actually thinking of using the mxo to feed the PVM in another smaller edit room I would imagine that should work perfectly over HD component analog.

    The person I’m buying the PVM from says they see a 1.

    PVM-14L5 1 but not PVM-14L5/1

    can you tell me what your I.D. plate says?

  • Chris Borjis

    October 18, 2007 at 7:34 pm in reply to: Anyone mixed XDCAM-HD & DVCPRO-HD Yet?

    Wayne when you drop xdcam-hd into dvcpro-hd sequence, does fcp scale the xdcam down?

    Or does it just make it fit somehow (like how mixed sizes work in after effects)

  • Chris Borjis

    October 18, 2007 at 5:09 pm in reply to: Sony XDCAM Transfer software for Final Cut

    [Jeremy Doyle] “I was told by a sony engineer that the new USB XDCAM drives will only work with leapord”

    I believe thats only for all functions of the unit though.

    anyone will be able to import from the drive out of the box.

    being able to lay back to it and use it as an archive data disk will require a firmware update on the drive and leopard since leopard is said to include XD/blu-ray file system libraries.

Page 295 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy