Forum Replies Created

Page 294 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    October 23, 2007 at 12:15 am in reply to: Sony medical monitor?

    as long as you have a way of feeding it component, it should work fine.

    Though you could feed it s-video or composite you should always monitor component for extra precision unless you have SDI.

    It appears to have 600 lines of resolution. Should work fine for SD Work.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 22, 2007 at 5:35 pm in reply to: F70 – Firewire out or HDSDI out?

    I just searched the AE forum and found those posts.

    thanks for the headsup.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 22, 2007 at 3:29 pm in reply to: Walter or Shane 1 PVM-14L5 Question

    what do you recommend Tony?

  • Chris Borjis

    October 22, 2007 at 3:15 pm in reply to: F70 – Firewire out or HDSDI out?

    [Wayne Carey] “Do this make better sense? Oh yeah…. you can forget about the long conforming process after your done with XDCAM HD before you send back to disc. That time that I may have wasted on the front end is eaten up on the back end. Besides, have you tried to work with XDDCAM HD in AfterEffects?”

    putting it that way, yes.

    Thats exactly what I’m doing right now. When the XDCAM HD USB external drive comes out I may go XDCAM HD only though.

    But I am concerned with your last sentance.

    Is it a problem getting XDCAM HD into after effects?

    HDV comes in fine, so why can’t a quicktime wrapped XDCAM HD file come in?

  • Chris Borjis

    October 20, 2007 at 11:27 pm in reply to: F70 – Firewire out or HDSDI out?

    [Borjis] “And it takes much less room.”

    that should read “Takes twice as much room” DVCPRO-HD that is.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 20, 2007 at 11:25 pm in reply to: F70 – Firewire out or HDSDI out?

    [Wayne Carey] “in order to save time and hard drive space, we capture everything into DVCProHD.”

    Wayne I don’t understand you on this.

    Before I explain, I’ll say that I’m posting a tv series right now that uses XDCAM HD and HDV as well. And I also capture to DVCPRO-HD because I know I can do it successfully. I have not done an XDCAM HD only roundtrip and even though its said by people that use it that it works, I couldn’t take that chance initially.

    But what I have found is that by capturing it in another codec and not just copying the xdcam data over, surely that takes longer. maybe a third longer. And it takes much less room.

    1 Hour of XDCAM HD in the HQ mode is about 25GB.
    That same hour of DVCPRO-HD is about 50GB.

    How could it be more efficient for time and disk space with that in mind?

    I’m considering going xdcam hd only for future shows but I’ve got to test it first before I make that commitment.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 20, 2007 at 11:09 pm in reply to: Walter or Shane 1 PVM-14L5 Question

    [walter biscardi] “FWIW, we don’t use a probe. We use the old fashioned Blue Gun method”

    same here.

  • [Bryan R] “am I missing something? You can capture on the fly from a JH3 through a Blackmagic Decklink Pro HD card onto a non-raided internal SATA drive using a DVCPRO HD or Prores as your compression, correct?”

    Not in my experience. If you did it would be very rare and likely inconsistent.

    You need some kind of Raid to capture HD footage (except HDV which you can do over fw)

  • Chris Borjis

    October 19, 2007 at 9:25 pm in reply to: Walter or Shane 1 PVM-14L5 Question

    Thanks Tony.

    I only need it for accurate HD color correction purposes.

    While the 48hz mode would be nice, It won’t be a deal breaker for me (we’ve never done any 24psf work and don’t own HDCAM decks) since we’d rent a 24psf display if that ever became an absolute necessity.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 19, 2007 at 6:00 pm in reply to: Walter or Shane 1 PVM-14L5 Question

    [walter biscardi] “[Borjis] “1. Some say it works on analog component with an HD option card installed.”

    Wrong. It autoswitches to HD when it receives an HD signal.

    [Borjis] “2. and some say they ALL do HD WITHOUT an option card inserted and will take an HD component analog signal on the built in BNC connectors. (though you need an option card for HD-SDI)”

    Wrong again. SD and HD via Component. Auto switches. No HD-SDI card needed.”

    And thats exactly why I asked for confirmation.

    Way too much misinformation on the internet.

Page 294 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy