Forum Replies Created

Page 293 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    October 25, 2007 at 2:40 am in reply to: is pro res broadcast legal?

    I don’t think the codecs you speak of have necessarily to do with workflow and output but more to do with aquisition.

    I’m posting an HD show due to air next march for the Outdoor Channel HD and they specifically say that very little HDV should be used. DVCPRO-HD, HDCAM and XDCAM-HD are all approved for aquisition though and a little HDV for B-roll.

    I myself have sent out countless numbers of BetaSP broadcast tv spots using prores since fcp 6 came out. Nobody is complaining. 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    October 24, 2007 at 4:04 pm in reply to: Sync Issues with FCP and ProTools

    can you verify if it was drop or non-drop working in fcp and pro tools? Thats the usual suspect.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 23, 2007 at 10:05 pm in reply to: XDCAM-HD/AJA Io-HD/FCP connectivity questions

    How are you going to ingest the native XDCAM-HD?

    Are you going to buy the deck or wait for the USB external drive coming out next month? Huge price difference there.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 23, 2007 at 3:47 pm in reply to: Flip4Mac update available

    Its about time they released this.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 23, 2007 at 3:45 pm in reply to: High Precision YUV & Colorista…a problem??

    Thanks Guys.

    rafalaos, I have all of my 10-bit sequences set to render in 10-bit not high precision YUV and that seems to work ok.

    As for starting a mac with a button pressed, I think you might have mistaken me for someone else.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 23, 2007 at 3:37 am in reply to: High Precision YUV & Colorista…a problem??

    I thought High Precision YUV would be helpful, but apparently not, so I’ll stick with 8-bit on DVCPRO-HD projects.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 23, 2007 at 3:36 am in reply to: Sony medical monitor?

    [paulos] “will take a bit of getting used to the white look!”

    if you were a fan of the original BattleStar Galactica series, the joke is that the white sony monitors came from the ship of lights.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 23, 2007 at 1:25 am in reply to: What is the best way to reconnect media?

    I have found that reconnecting is usually not a problem (just my good luck i guess) and sometimes it doesn’t require it as it just reconnects everything as is even from a different drive volume name.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 23, 2007 at 1:21 am in reply to: High Precision YUV & Colorista…a problem??

    I have not.

    I understand its an 8-bit codec but I was a little surprised to see that it didn’t at least keep everything legal in high precision like it did with 8-bit rendering.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 23, 2007 at 1:19 am in reply to: Sony medical monitor?

    [Arniepix] “There are only 2 differences between Sony’s medical & pro video monitors. The MD in the model number, & the rep that sells it to the distributors. Otherwise, they are identical in features & performance.”

    3 I think.

    They are white! 🙂

Page 293 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy