Forum Replies Created

Page 292 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    November 5, 2007 at 5:08 pm in reply to: RAID set up for cutting DVCPRO HD project

    I’m cutting an HD TV series with DVCPRO-HD and we just transferred everything over to a 6TB Caldigit HDPRO.

    so far everything is working great.
    Its configured in Raid 5 mode (though it offers Raid 6) and my speed disk test indicates a sustained data rata rate of 403MB/s

  • Chris Borjis

    November 3, 2007 at 1:06 am in reply to: Sony DVW-500 Glitch frames after assemble edit

    yeah black burst is connected and works.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 1, 2007 at 3:38 pm in reply to: Blackmagic support improved

    from my perspective its hit or miss, but they usually snap to when it comes to hardware repair/replacement.

    sometimes I’ll have a conversation about a problem go on for weeks on end. I ask a question, get a response the same day or several days later, then more days go by before I get another response.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 31, 2007 at 10:03 pm in reply to: Quick animation codec question

    I was pleasantly surprised that my G5 quad and fibre channel array could play them in realtime.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 29, 2007 at 9:41 pm in reply to: AE CS3 and DVCPRO-HD color shifting

    Have you tried Apple sRGB as the color space?

    (I used that just last week and had no problem)

    And you are avoiding “quicktime conversion” right?

  • Chris Borjis

    October 26, 2007 at 8:50 pm in reply to: FCP Cross Dissolve Image shifts.

    that should be the dyamic preview at work.

    mark in and out a small segment that has the problem.

    export it to a quicktime file.

    Play the quicktime, the shift should not be there.

    Rendering ALL on the timeline does not always cure it but an export usually does.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 25, 2007 at 9:47 pm in reply to: Shift Fields filter

    [Andy Mees] “if you are working with interlaced footage and sequences then you really ought to be monitoring on an interlaced display NOT on your computer monitor..”

    I have no sympathy for “editors” that don’t monitor on an external monitor then run into problems as a result.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 25, 2007 at 5:09 am in reply to: Sync Issues with FCP and ProTools

    thanks for the effort, I’m going to put that in my list of work arounds.

  • Chris Borjis

    October 25, 2007 at 2:47 am in reply to: Shift Fields filter

    is there a way to turn that off?

    I do not want FCP doing that for me.

    That would explain some field order issues I’ve had that I didn’t have with 5x

  • Chris Borjis

    October 25, 2007 at 2:43 am in reply to: Sync Issues with FCP and ProTools

    the drop, non-drop i refer to has nothing to do with the frame rate, its the setting for the project itself.

    both fcp and protools have these settings, if they don’t match your audio is out of whack for sure. also look at the pulldown setting.

    Audio itself doesn’t really conform to a frame rate based on video. Audio “frames” are much different in that regard.

Page 292 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy