Forum Replies Created

Page 291 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    November 9, 2007 at 5:18 pm in reply to: XDCAM Workflow …Not Again?

    Downconvert to SD?

    on my g5 quad it takes about 4x longer than the length of the video to do that. That was with 720P 60fps P2 footage downconverted to SD 29.97fps, though the frame rate conversion took much of that time.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 9, 2007 at 5:13 pm in reply to: Boris won’t go away!!!

    pronounced ” BORE-JIS”

  • Chris Borjis

    November 8, 2007 at 10:51 pm in reply to: Boris won’t go away!!!

    so many times I get called boris.

    Sorry had to make a joke of it.

    😀

  • Chris Borjis

    November 8, 2007 at 10:47 pm in reply to: XDCAM Workflow …Not Again?

    [Chris Babbitt] “Ingest the raw files and edit in XDCAM native, then downconvert to SD on Export?”

    YES.

    But anything you render from after effects has to be done with the animation or other codecs. Apparently there is a problem rendering back to the XDCAM codec for graphic work.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 8, 2007 at 7:03 pm in reply to: CAPTURE NOW PROBLEMS since Leopard install

    go back to Tiger to fix it.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 8, 2007 at 7:02 pm in reply to: HDV workflow…questions

    [aazz44] “What settings do I use to capture HDV? Is it possible to do through Firewire?

    Before exporting to Compressor, do I need to Export it as a Quicktime Movie first?

    Also, I saw in a magazine that there was a HDMI capture card available for Apple. I think it was $149. Would that work?”

    yes it works over firewire.
    There are easy setups for HDV, use the appropriate one.

    You might export it out of fcp as an uncompressed or prores file before going to compressor, it will take less time that way.

    you don’t need to capture over hdmi, will not make any quality difference and you would need hdmi out from your camera which does not have that interface.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 8, 2007 at 2:59 am in reply to: legaliser like AJA

    The Kona 3 has a legalizer?

  • Chris Borjis

    November 8, 2007 at 2:57 am in reply to: HDV workflow…questions

    I’ve done this with HDV footage and the best quality I found was to capture and edit the HDV as HDV.

    when your all done, export that timeline to compressor with a dvd setting and make sure the resize section of it is set to best quality. It will take 3 to 4 times longer than your timeline to compress it, but it will look fantastic with no aliasing.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 7, 2007 at 6:01 pm in reply to: Prores vs. ProresHQ

    [mr.escandon] “Both flavors of ProRes 422 are 10-bit.”

    I’ve heard that as well, but what I don’t like seeing is that there is indeed an option for 8-bit prores in fcp.

    The HQ version takes up more disk space for sure, but I really can’t visually see a difference between it and the non HQ version. Still though I always use HQ to not take a chance as it takes up so little room compared to uncompressed.

  • Chris Borjis

    November 6, 2007 at 12:10 am in reply to: Quicktime 7.3 is now available…

    I JUST got the update from flip4mac to fix .wmv exports from the last version of quicktime, I can wait this one out.

Page 291 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy