Forum Replies Created
-
I’ve never heard of Sound Studio before, but when I looked at their website I didn’t see any mention of OMF. My guess is that it’s not compatible. Have you tried contacting the Sound Studio tech support?
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
[Bob Cole] “Is there a way to use Batch List for media already in the system, without importing a ton of “duration” “media start” and “media end” data which is totally irrelevant?”
Not really. FCP doesn’t work this way. And since you’ve already got the media on your drive, what difference would it make?
[Bob Cole] “I’d like to be able to create a text file with the following criteria:
1. Name (I’d use this to number the shots, in their final order)
2. In
3. Out “If I understand you properly, you’re not looking to log media for capturing, you’re looking to create an edit. In theory, you could open up TextEdit and manually punch in an EDL, then import that into your FCP project. In practice, it’s probably no less work than simply taking your paper edit & building it up in an FCP timeline.
The biggest problem is that you don’t want to use the original QT filenames, you want to rename them in order of the edit. That means you’d have to reconnect to each file one at a time. It’d be faster to simply build the edit in FCP.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Thank you, Wally. You’re very kind.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
[Karl Soehnlein] “I have been a member of several social media sites for years and found two (Facebook and LinkedIn) to be surprisingly good for business.”
[Karl Soehnlein] “I’ve never received any new business through these sites, but it keeps others aware of what I’m doing.”
I find these statements to be at odds with each other. “I’ve never received any new business” says all that most people need to hear about it. If you want to keep people “aware about what you’re doing”, you can create your own website, and use it to promote yourself as a brand.
Even with my somewhat crappy website, people are sometimes surprised to learn that I’m just some schmuck working out of my apartment, not a full fledged post facility. But the first impression has already been made that that I can provide them with a level of service that they wouldn’t expect from my situation.
If I sent them to a Myspace or Facebook page, they’d just assume that I’m a schmuck working out of my apartment, and leave it there.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
From my desk in New York City (8 blocks from Wall St, if you’re interested), I found
this.I suspect that there’s at least a few more places “down under” that can provide the service. Why not find a few, send each a reel & find out who gives a good balance of quality & price. Also, try to find a place that can transfer to a format that’s less lossy than direct to DVD, but still easy for you to work with. Mini-DV, Beta, whatever you’re set up to work with now.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
MXF media is not Quicktime. MXF and QT are “wrappers” for any number of codecs. FCP does not use MXF media. Avid codecs can conflict with some capture cards on FCP systems.
If you want to export media to be used with an FCP system, it needs to be in QT format and it needs to be in a codec that the other editor has installed. Ask the other editor what codec will be best. If you don’t have that codec, then work down the list of what the other editor can use, and what you have.
Apple’s 8 bit & 10 bit uncompressed codecs will work with any recent FCP system with fast drives. Photo JPEG will work with most FCP systems- set the quality to 75% and it will maintain very good quality.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Arnie Schlissel
January 18, 2009 at 4:48 pm in reply to: Audio Edit- Viewer Playhead controls Timeline Playhead[David Roth Weiss] “So, please explain, what’s so hard about I.D.ing the exact frame of audio on the timeline?”
I’m going to guess that Alexander is new to FCP.
In addition to the ganging, you have TC displays in the timeline, viewer and canvas windows. And you can turn on TC overlays in the viewer & canvas windows. All of this is in the (ahem) manual.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
Further to Jerry & Andy’s suggestions: which side is the other room on? Pan it waaaay over to that side.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
[Shane Ross] “What’s wrong with good old fashioned clip by clip adjustment of audio?”
That would be work! Too hard!
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/ -
[Shane Ross] “You know what he is talking about? because I have no clue what he is describing.”
It’s some sort of split screen.
Edward, take a look at the DH Box plugin: https://www.digital-heaven.co.uk/dh_box
As Raphael says, this is rather basic stuff in any video application. Split screens are among the oldest of film & video effects, going back well over a century.
Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
https://www.arniepix.com/