Forum Replies Created

Page 146 of 233
  • Alex Udell

    November 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm in reply to: AVCHD in premiere pro cs5

    Will…

    Once thing you can try is

    in the project panel, simply drag an imported clip to the new items Icon at the bottom of the panel (looks like page icon)

    this will make a sequence that matches the attributes of the source media.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    November 5, 2011 at 11:35 am in reply to: Text animation Opacity and Layer Style Stroke

    OK…..

    so the answer is to use the stroke options in the character panel and not the stroke layer style….

    sigh…

    well I hope this helps someone else!

    🙂

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

  • Alex Udell

    November 4, 2011 at 7:05 pm in reply to: text selectors multiple changes

    Thanks ANgie…

    I don’t see an option to add a new animator as you describe….

    but I can do it if I take my existing animator and duplicate it….

    then I reset it and work from there….

    thanks again!

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    November 4, 2011 at 6:16 pm in reply to: MC 6 release – PPro?

    Hi Rafael…

    I appreciate your commentary and your feedback. I’m sure everybody here does.

    It is helpful to have some idea how the data is being handled to understand why things behave they way they do. That is what I am trying to offer.

    My guess is that if you look closely at what Avid has to offer….their solution will work best with their hardware (which they can control). It probably will not be as optimized for 3rd party hardware, though, for a change, it actually will be open to 3rd parties.

    You are asking solutions designed for one type of architecture (designed before the existence of Mercury) to behave the same way with a Mercury. That’s a tall order.

    Out of curiosity, and not to turn this into a support thread, but what happens if you switch to Mercury software only and continue to use the i/o card of your choice? You’d still get multi threaded performance, which should be quite good, and I’m wondering if it improves behavior with IO for monitoring.

    As I don’t have one here to test, I’ll leave it to you.

    good luck…

    thanks,

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    November 4, 2011 at 4:53 pm in reply to: MC 6 release – PPro?

    think about what you are asking PPro to do….

    move the frames to the gpu

    Accelerate the processing of media on the GPU…

    then pass that media back to host memory…

    then have the I/O card pick it up for display….

    that’s a lot of trips around the system bus….

    not to mention that GPU’s are primarily (at least they used to be) designed as a 1 way street….the intention is mainly for display….or output…..not sure the bandwidth going the other direction…(back to the host bus)

    so that may be why you see the behavior you do…

    my guess is that if there were a GPU card that an extra HDMI on it….this would likley give you awesome performance.

    just speculation….

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    November 2, 2011 at 4:15 pm in reply to: The way Premiere functions when you Export Media

    Yes. It will, but, it should be significantly lighter than rendering from the original timeline which includes FX that will have to be recalculated.

    Are you saying there is no discernible difference there?

    Let me also ask you this….

    do you still have FCP?

    Could you pass your master file and splices thru FCP as a final assembler?

    I know it feels awkwards to think of that….but it’s about what will help you move the fastest….

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    November 2, 2011 at 1:11 pm in reply to: The way Premiere functions when you Export Media

    Jhoe…

    You may be right.

    Can I suggest the following:

    1) Export a master File and reimport to PPro

    2) Cut this to a master timeline of it’s own.

    3) If there are changes: export only those sections out as clips, import them back to PPro and splice them into your Master timeline.

    I’ll assume this should cut down the time on revision exports significantly.

    A bit “hacky” I know….but you do what ya gotta….

    Lemme know if this works…

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    November 2, 2011 at 12:53 pm in reply to: prem pro CS5 and .mov files

    @Jon: really? My experience is that animation is quite sluggish.

    @Stan: Do you have the option of JPEG2000? I’ve heard that works well with Alpha.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    November 2, 2011 at 8:16 am in reply to: prem pro CS5 and .mov files

    What codec are you rendering out of AE?

  • Alex Udell

    November 1, 2011 at 10:01 pm in reply to: Video Files

    Do you still have the files in the original folder structure as they were on the SD card?

    Alex

Page 146 of 233

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy