Forum Replies Created

Page 147 of 233
  • Alex Udell

    October 31, 2011 at 10:05 pm in reply to: hotkey for opening project-window clip in source window?

    I think “exted edit” is as close as you will get.

    here’s adobe’s help on it:

    https://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2011/01/10/using-the-extend-edit-function-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cs5/

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 30, 2011 at 6:19 pm in reply to: After Effects export to Premiere Pro problems

    I think that’s the best anyway….

    heavy and unrendered AE Projects in PPro would tend to bog you down anyway.

    glad you got it sorted…

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 29, 2011 at 3:59 pm in reply to: FCP7 XML import into cs5.5

    It’s a bit of a hack, but can you export the Subtitle tracks solo with alpha?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 29, 2011 at 3:57 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro and SAN Installation (35+bays)

    I have used it in a SAN environment. Nothing quite that large though.

    Maybe I could help a little?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 28, 2011 at 6:03 pm in reply to: How To Sync Multiple Timelines in Premiere Pro CS4?

    WHEW!

    🙂

    thx 4 that props!

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 28, 2011 at 4:38 pm in reply to: How To Sync Multiple Timelines in Premiere Pro CS4?

    OK. Sorry for the confusion. Yes I just added some random markers to Seq 02 in order to help reinforce the point that PPro uses different keys for Navigating between clip markers and sequence markers.

    So…no you don’t have to add the sequecne markers in SEQ 2.

    If you simply select your nest clip, then you can use CMD + SHIFT + Arrows to navigate.

    I think the thing that is throwing you is that when you step into the nested sequence…

    those markers you saw as “clip markers” in SEQ 2 are “Sequence Markers” in SEQ 1.

    So when you step into Sequence you’d have to use different keyboard shortcuts to navigate.

    You just have to remember that they are different shortcuts….

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 28, 2011 at 3:04 pm in reply to: After Effects export to Premiere Pro problems

    I guess I would ask, why pass thru PPro, just to add music.

    could it be that its more than a simple bed and rather a more complex sound track?

    if so, might I suggest that you just render out a low rez place holder from AE.

    the resolution won’t matter for music and fx spotting.

    bring that into PPro

    Cut you music/fx track to that in PPro (or Audition)

    then simply export the final music mix back as audio and bring it back to AE and do a full rez render with audio from AE?

    does that make sense?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 28, 2011 at 2:25 pm in reply to: How To Sync Multiple Timelines in Premiere Pro CS4?

    A) These are the marked cut points INSIDE the nested Sequence
    B) These are the timeline markers on the main timeline
    C) This is the nest Clip selected

    With these conditions…
    (and adjusting Mac to Windows Shortcuts)

    If you press COMMAND+SHIFT+ARROWS – this will navigate you to the next marker within the selected clip (A)

    If you press COMMAND+ARROWS this will navigate you to the next Sequence Marker (B)

    I’ll assume that CONTROL is the Windows equivalent to COMMAND.

    But the shortcuts should be listed under the Menu>Marker>Clip or Menu>Marker>Sequence

    Does that help?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 28, 2011 at 11:28 am in reply to: How To Sync Multiple Timelines in Premiere Pro CS4?

    Yes, I believe, there is a separate keyboard shortcut for navigating Sequence markers. I’ll look at it when I get to work.

    I think

    The problem with trying to “go the opposite direction” with a Shift+T command is that….

    One Sequence can be used in an infinite number of other sequences. Even if you were to limit it to looking only OPEN sequences….it’s still possible to reference more than one usage. So it could be problematic for PPro to know what parent you were looking for.

    Could you somehow use the “Gang” function to help you? I’ll look at that when I get to work as well.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 27, 2011 at 5:45 pm in reply to: How To Sync Multiple Timelines in Premiere Pro CS4?

    Yep…

    you are correct, PPro does use different keyboard shortcuts to navigate between Clip Keyframes vs. Sequence Keyframes.

    Alex

Page 147 of 233

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy