Forum Replies Created

Page 148 of 233
  • Alex Udell

    October 26, 2011 at 6:17 pm in reply to: How To Sync Multiple Timelines in Premiere Pro CS4?

    Glad to help! 🙂

    Nope. this is the same thing.

    One timeline used in another whether done manually or via the right click in a timeline is the same.

    Just a sequence used in another sequence. The equivalent of an AE Precomp.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm in reply to: How To Sync Multiple Timelines in Premiere Pro CS4?

    So here I think I have followed your description

    Sequence 01 has 3 clips. on that seqeucne I have added un numbered markers that correspond to the cut points between clips.

    Sequence 01 is then used as a nest in Seqeunce 02 and I see the timeline markers from Seqeunce one as Clip markers on the nest clip in Seqeucne 02.

    I agree snapping doesn’t seem to work.

    But with the Nest clip selected, CMD + SHIFT + Left or right Arrows will jump me between markers in ths clip.

    Am I missing something?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 25, 2011 at 8:30 pm in reply to: simply redig a sequence

    I believe that is the case.

    note the following:

    1) in the Project manager window you should be able to specify the sequence(s) for “managing”
    2) after you’ve created the project from that sequence, you could always import that Project into your master, it would just then show up as a bin with all the offline assets inside it.

    So you end up where I think you want to be…

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 25, 2011 at 7:59 pm in reply to: How To Sync Multiple Timelines in Premiere Pro CS4?

    So he’s working inside the nest and want to be in sync with the parent?

    well…hmmmm….

    since the nesting PPro means that you can use the same nest in multiple timelines….how would it know which timeline you were referring to?

    could adding markers to the nest timeline at the corresponding cut points be helpful?

    that way at least you’d know where the cuts were when working in the parent….

    Alex

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
    Chumney & Assoc. Advertising

  • Alex Udell

    October 25, 2011 at 7:40 pm in reply to: simply redig a sequence

    Here’s a guess….

    Project Manager > Create a trimmed project with media offline

    this would create a project with a sequence with trimmed edits and corresponding source that you could then recap…

    I believe this is correct….

    Can anyone back me up on this?

    see below from CS3, but this should still hold true.

    https://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro/3.0/help.html?content=WS1c9bc5c2e465a58a91cf0b1038518aef7-7c74.html

    remember non tape based sources can’t be consolidated.

    lemme know…

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 25, 2011 at 7:29 pm in reply to: How To Sync Multiple Timelines in Premiere Pro CS4?

    Hi Richard,

    If you press Shift + T your nested sequence will be opened in the timeline panel and you will be parked at the sync frame from the parent.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 21, 2011 at 4:31 pm in reply to: organizing and managing layers in the timeline

    hmmm

    the label color thing works pretty well
    between that and group pick whipping I can get pretty close to what I think I need.

    this is very good.

    Thanks Walter!!!

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 21, 2011 at 4:01 pm in reply to: organizing and managing layers in the timeline

    Hey Walter….

    thanks for the reply. At least I know I’m not crazy. and as much as ppl might knock motion, it’s these kind of things that make it really fast for us. Ironically it’s some of the things you never see Apple show (back when they actively pushed the product).

    Yeah…I had toyed with ETLAT workflows before.
    but a biggie was still managing audio while making the edits in the precomp. I copy and pasted it into the precomp, but then you have to remember to disable audio trax it doubles up.

    thanks again for all the info…
    the layer color select might be helpful.

    If need to pick whip layers to a null, do I have to do all of them separately or can I do one to many?

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    October 21, 2011 at 3:31 pm in reply to: Opening Premiere Sequence in AE Doesn’t Keep Cuts?

    Importing the PPro Project should create comps for you already in AE.

    So opening the comp (double clicking it) will give you the independent clips as layers.

    If you add one of the comps to another comp….that’s nesting (aka precomping) and thats’ why you don’t see the cuts.

    Alex

  • Hi…

    What stage of loading is it at?

    Possibly corrupt ftg or a weird file name can throw it.

    Duplicate the project file

    See if you can open it with media offline. (rename the path to the media folder by appending characters like OLD to the folder name temporarily)

    then you can start relinking elements a few at a time, saving after each sucessful relink until you find your culprit(s).

    Alex

Page 148 of 233

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy