Forum Replies Created

Page 110 of 180
  • I use Sorenson Squeeze on anything I compress, and it does a great job. You can even specify a target file size, and squeeze will do whatever it has to to fit it into that file size.

    Haven’t used Cleaner in years, but I hear it’s excellent too.

    If your doing any kind of work where you post to the web (for your website or for client approval) then you absolutely need to use dedicated compression software.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    May 21, 2006 at 2:34 am in reply to: Moved stuffs and project lost links

    in the future, if you plan on moving files, and you haven’t kept your entire project in one main folder (with subfolders), then, before moving the project, choose File > Collect Files, and AE will copy every file in the project and place it in a folder that you can move top another machine, or even a different directory.

    The downside is that it only collects files in you AEP, so if you have reference materials or original files that your artwork is based on, it will not collect those.

    That’s why it’s best to work in an organized format for each project(folders for art, video, audio… etc.).

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    May 19, 2006 at 2:33 pm in reply to: Shake the screen Tutorial

    I haven’t seen that tutorial, but you can use the Wiggler (Window > The WIggler) to create the shake.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    May 19, 2006 at 2:33 pm in reply to: Shake the screen Tutorial

    I haven’t seen that tutorial, but you can use the Wiggler (Window > The WIggler) to create the shake.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    May 19, 2006 at 4:08 am in reply to: OT: multiple dvd burners

    I don’t know about requirements, but I have a CD burner and an external CD/DVD burner, and I can burn to 2 CD’s at once with Roxio Creator…etc.

    Can;t do it with DVD’s because only one can burn to DVD’s. I suspect it could.

    In ROxio, I just have to check off both drives.

    On the other hand – now that I think about it, I don’t know if it’s doing them both at once or one after the other – I usually step away from the machine for a break…

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Deal with those setting in Illustrator – not photoshop. Otherwise you will lose your vector based image WHich can be scaled up or down in AE with no quality loss, and instead youll end up with a raster-image that gets pixelated when scaled up.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • I’m not sure I understand the problem. Maybe I missed something.

    can’t you just select all in illustrator and then Shift+CTRL+Alt scale it down?

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    May 17, 2006 at 4:45 am in reply to: Looping a Particle

    Hi Jose-

    This is one of those questions that’s been answered several times over the years. Do a search for “Loop” in all actrive posts and everything over the last few years. You will find several methods for doing this.

    It;s one of the most commonly asked questions here.

    Hope that helps.

    Aharon

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    May 16, 2006 at 1:10 pm in reply to: make a sign in AE

    All good advice. Although motion sketch creates a keyframe at every frame. You may need to run it through the Smoother and reduce keyframes before compressing them with the Alt+Drag approach, suggested by Joe.

    Another option is to precomp the motion sketched layer and either time stretch it or time remap it to make it faster.

    As if that wasn’t enough, you can also set the motion sketch to capture your motion at different speeds, so you can have you moving at a natural speed, but the motion ends up being twice as fast.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    May 11, 2006 at 4:37 pm in reply to: particleIllusion 3 or Particular?

    [Mylenium] “A lot of what you would probably consider a weakness in Particular can’t really be blamed on the plugin itself but is more because of the limitations of AE’s 3D implementation.”

    Which is why I suspect the pIllusion AE plugin is taking so long. AE imposes many limitations on any plugin – there are only so many parameters that can be included in AE, and particle systems have MANY. As a result, anything that runs directly within AE, has to be dumbed down a bit. I’ve heard this from many plug-in designers – especially those porting stuff from stand-alone or from another program.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Page 110 of 180

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy