Forum Replies Created

Page 403 of 494
  • Adam Trachtenberg

    November 4, 2008 at 1:50 am in reply to: Hair Presets

    The Hair module is a bit different in that it’s comprised of both a hair object, which controls the overall shape, and the hair material which controls the “look” of the hair. It’s easy enough to save out the hair material — just use the save/load option in the material manager and apply the material to the hair object.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    November 4, 2008 at 1:46 am in reply to: Adam Trachtenberg, can you help me!??

    You have to first run “current state to object” on any deformed object. Then delete the original object/deformer and connect as before.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    November 3, 2008 at 6:57 pm in reply to: Mograph Tracer problem

    If I understand what you’re trying to do, I think the problem is that Tracer doesn’t have much in the way of banking control.

    Perhaps this would be a better way to tackle the problem: https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/19/863589

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    November 3, 2008 at 6:51 pm in reply to: Hair Presets

    [Chris LaRose] “Had Shave and a Haircut years ago and have now upgraded C4D to 10.5 and now 11. I found some “style” presets but no hair presets like SAAH used to have. Are there any libraries or presets for hair out there anywhere? I found a few fur presets but nothing along those lines for hair.”

    I had Shave too but it’s been so long since I used it that I can’t recall how the presets work.

    Cinema comes with some Hair presets in the Content Browser>Hair>Hair Styles folder. Near as I can tell you can transfer them to a new character … sort of … but it’s not perfect.

    I was able to get a decent result by opening the preset in my existing scene (double-click preset icon). Then adjust the existing and preset models so that when they are in the same position (global coordinates) their head geometries line up as closely as possible (requires adjusting the axis position of one or the other). Then click on the hair object and go to the guides tab. Drag your polygon selection from the new model into the “Link” box where the poly selection from the old model is. The guides should then transfer over to your new model relatively unscathed. Before doing that I would change the Root method to “polygon area” and the Map parameter to “New”.

    hth

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 30, 2008 at 2:56 pm in reply to: Mograph + Spline Effectors

    [Brian Jones] “This might work. Animate Offset in the SplineWrap”

    I stand corrected. 🙂

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 29, 2008 at 10:31 pm in reply to: Mograph + Spline Effectors

    I don’t think you can actually do that with the Cloner. What you could do is copy your spline-wrapped object as many times as you need to and then use some expresso to control the the relative offset of the objects.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 28, 2008 at 8:53 pm in reply to: non-unlimited clients?

    Maxon sells two versions of NET — one limited to three nodes and one unlimited. Looks like the place you’re at has the three-node license.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 28, 2008 at 4:01 am in reply to: texture projection

    It depends entirely on the shape of the object, e.g., if it’s spherical use spherical projection, if it’s cylindrical use cylindrical, etc. If it has an organic shape you will need to delve into BodyPaint’s UV projection tools which are beyond the scope of a forum post.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 25, 2008 at 8:28 pm in reply to: optimizing a scene with cloner

    My first advice would be to try and light the scene without GI, but if that doesn’t work for you I would start by lowering stochastic samples and also lowering the Min. Samples to something like 50-100. The difficulty is that you will start to get flickering in the shadows if your GI settings are too low.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 25, 2008 at 1:28 pm in reply to: Fisheye wide angle spherical distortion issues

    Sorry I confused you. 🙂

    First, you can’t just put a transparent material on a camera to achieve the effect. You have to actually model lens, place the material on the lens, and then have the camera look through the lens in order to achieve the effect.

    Now, you may have noticed that the default “Geometry” anti-aliasing does not work through transparency. Geometry AA attempts to speed up rendering by only effecting object edges. Notice that it also does not smooth textures?

    So naturally if your whole scene is being viewed through a transparent material, you will not have any anti-aliasing with Geometry AA. In contrast, “Best” anti-aliasing applies AA to the entire frame regardless of transparency or other effects.

Page 403 of 494

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy