Forum Replies Created

Page 111 of 213
  • Zane Barker

    July 19, 2009 at 5:51 am in reply to: Exporting Problem – Aspect Ratio

    [Yianni Mathioudakis] “I have a sequence that I’ve finished editing in FCP that I’m ready to export using Compressor. However, when I export I’m getting that “squished” look”

    [Yianni Mathioudakis] “I still have not figured out a solution, or what I’m doing wrong”

    Cant say what you are doing wrong as we don’t know what your settings are in compressor.

    There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
    Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!

  • Zane Barker

    July 19, 2009 at 4:09 am in reply to: HDV 1080i to MPEG2 DVD Help???

    [Will Gaffney] “In FCP I choose export quicktime movie using the current project settings.”

    Thats the best way to start. Never export directly from FCP to compressor.

    [Will Gaffney] “I then import that file into compressor where I have tried a number of different settings including going straight to MPEG2 720×576 and H264 720×576 and then using DVDSP to encode to MPEG2.”

    Best way to prepare for DVD is by simply using compressors presets for DVD.

    Compressing to another format like h264 first just adds another layer of compression and a bit more quality loss to your final video.

    There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
    Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!

  • Zane Barker

    July 19, 2009 at 12:40 am in reply to: snapping noise

    Could you please provide info an the files you are using that are having the issue.

    There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
    Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!

  • Zane Barker

    July 18, 2009 at 5:36 am in reply to: HDV 1080i to MPEG2 DVD Help???

    [Will Gaffney] “I have tried to do this a number of ways but every time I do the footage comes out with lots of imperfections (ghosting, pixelation etc.) “

    What ways?
    To best help we need to know what you have tried that has not worked for you.

    [Will Gaffney] “Somewhere during or before this process I want to de-interlace the footage”

    How have you been attempting to de-interlace. Its possible that this could be contributing to your difficulties.

    There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
    Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!

  • Zane Barker

    July 17, 2009 at 3:28 am in reply to: Lost Finder?

    Try archiving and installing the OS.

    There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
    Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!

  • Zane Barker

    July 16, 2009 at 2:26 pm in reply to: Archiving Options

    I also use hard drives, and connect them to the computer with something like this https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/NewerTech/Voyager/Hard_Drive_Dock

    Drives are cheep these days, and because hard drives can fail, simply keep things stored on 2 drives, so if one archive drive goes out you buy another and recreate the second archive drive using the one that is still works.

    There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
    Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!

  • Zane Barker

    July 16, 2009 at 4:21 am in reply to: Mac Pro vs Macbook Pro?

    One thing to keep in mind is the 17″ MBP is the only MBP that comes with a express slot. An express slot os a MUST on a portable computer so that you can have the ability to use esata and even more important to keep your media drives on a different buss from any deck/camera.

    [Shane O’Brien] “I don’t imagine I’ll be doing uncompressed HD any time soon”

    With ProRes most people don’t need to edit ProRes any more.

    There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
    Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!

  • Zane Barker

    July 13, 2009 at 5:18 pm in reply to: Apple Mouse scrolling ball has lost its mojo

    Take a alcohol wipe and holding the mouse up side down, roll the mouse ball over the alcohol wipe over and over and over.

    Hopefully that will clean the dirt off of the sensor in the mouse.

    There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
    Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!

  • Zane Barker

    July 13, 2009 at 8:54 am in reply to: dvcpro HD codec for mac

    [Jarod Pardue] “is there any other way to solve this problem without having to purchase FCP? I have FC express “

    Unfortunately not, to get Pro level codecs and features you must get Pro level software.

    There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
    Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!

  • Zane Barker

    July 13, 2009 at 8:52 am in reply to: My multicam edit has just started to stutter

    [Max Huggett] “No raid setup on this mac and there is no card iether”

    You can set up a raid using disk utility without a raid card.

    [Max Huggett] “I am actually borrowing this mac and would hate to mess with my friends machine. “

    Well a couple of thoughts on that.

    A. Talk to your friend about setting up a raid.
    B. You could simply buy 2-3 drives yourself then remove his drives and set up a raid with your drives. (drives are cheep these days)

    [Max Huggett] “I have been editing 1080i footage, captured proRes from 3 cameras. I have been using the multicam sequence “

    The data rate for 1080 ProRes is between 16-42 Mbytes/sec depending on the frame rate. So do a 3 camera multi clip you would need a drive that can do 48-128 Mbytes/sec because all 3 videos are playing at the same time.

    I would never consider doing a 3 camera multi cam with out any sort of raid.

    Some great little apps for you would be the AJA Data Rate Calculator and the AJA System Test
    https://www.aja.com/products/software/

    They are great little apps to let you know what space and speed of drives you will need, and also to test the speed of your drives.

    There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
    Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Page 111 of 213

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy