Forum Replies Created
-
[Jerry Hofmann] “But you are absolutely correct about checking out an update here at the COW or in specific forums (like CineWave’s or AJA’s for example) about updates before you run them.. always best to not be the first on your block as it were.”
Absolutely. I sat on my FCP Studio boxes for over a month while waiting for some issues to be sorted out before moving up because we were in the middle of a major project. Never want to upgrade when everything’s humming along unless there is a good reason for it.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[thew] “I finding any 3rd party software/Hardware, dosnt run consistant on Macs
Having problems with my Larid right now.”Not sure if Laird is qualified for FCP, but to say that any 3rd party software / hardware doesn’t run consistent on a Mac is very inaccurate statement at the least. 6 years running Media 100 and now 4 years running FCP with AJA, CineWave, Aurora boards with Adobe, Boris, Sorenson and a bunch of other software works fine. If third party hardware / software did not work consistently with a Mac, I wouldn’t be in business right now.
If you’re having problems with the third party software / hardware, then you don’t have the right setup, you don’t have the proper drivers, you have conflicts in your system, etc…. Work with the third party vendors to determine the correct set up for your system.
[thew] “I miss the old days when you bought an edit bay and it was good for 5+ years.
Thanks consumerism”My CineWave suites were good for 3+ years and I expect my Kona 2 systems to be good for at least that long.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
For getting material to a PC, simply render in the Lossless settings in AE wiht the correct frame size, field interpolation as the non-linear editor you’re going to. I do this as well for an AVID Editor. I render 720×486, lower field first, using the Lossless setting. I also render transitions with Alpha Channels for her using Lossless+Alpha. All seems to work well.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
You want to look for the CineWave registration file in your Preferences and trash it. Then re-enter both the Targe Serial Number and the CineWave RT Pro license number exactly.
If these don’t work, contact Pinnacle Tech Support and they should be able to help you out.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Joe Murray] “Check out the Tektronix website. They have some good learning resources available”
And speaking of Tektronix, we were testing a Tektronix WFM-700 HD Scope / Waveform in here a few weeks ago and found that the FCP Scopes were dead-on accurate to that scope within about 1%. So I’m impressed that Apple has the scopes that close to a “real” HD Scope.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
What’s your system setup?
Also, never capture to your internal Mac harddrive.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
I simply export using the same settings at the timeline. Then you need to be sure in AE to Interpret Footage correctly. Never had an issue with the video dropping in quality in 4 years using this method with FCP.
Automatic Duck export is even better since it retains the original clips in AE.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
If you want to capture uncompressed from your Beta deck, then you will require additional hardware such as the AJA Io, Aurora Pipe series or the AJA Kona series. You’ll also need fast harddrives.
If you are going to capture using the DV codec, then you can run the Beta machine through the DVCPro deck and just capture via Firewire.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
July 20, 2005 at 11:20 am in reply to: How to install Apple Uncompressed 10bit & 8bit codecs onto non-Kona Macs ?The Apple codecs are installed with Final Cut Pro.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Eli Mavros] “How do the Aja codecs compare to the BMD codecs?”
I don’t use BMD codecs, but the AJA codecs are outstanding. They also use the Apple codecs for some things as well.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters