Forum Replies Created
-
[Les Kaye] “The only related link I could find didn’t work. Is there something more specific?”
I found this in the User Discission Forum as Pinnacle’s website, but nothing could not confirm whether this is an official Pinnacle statement or not. I can’t find where the poster got this info. The interesting thing is the question marks in there where the ‘e’ should be:
Pinnacle Cin�Wave End of Production Announcement
Pinnacle Systems is announcing the �End of Production� of the Cin�Wave family products including the following Cin�Wave components:
Pinnacle Part # Product Name
141103040 Cin�Wave 4 RT
141103050 Cin�Wave Upgrade for FCP Owners w/o Analog BOB
141104000 Cin�Wave 4 Classic RT Software
141600030 Cin�Wave 4 RT Pro
141101044 Cin�Wave 4 Software Upgrade
141104010 Cin�Acquire
Pinnacle will continue to accept orders on these products until August 31st, 2005. Production of these systems will continue until September 15, 2005. Orders will be processed on a �first come, first served� basis.Please be advised that Pinnacle Systems will continue to provide customer support (both hardware and software support) on the Cin�Wave products until September 15th, 2006. Pinnacle will also continue to sell support contracts, where available, on these products with an expiry date not to go beyond September 15th, 2006. If you have any questions regarding these products or support services, please contact your local Pinnacle sales representative.
Pinnacle is currently offering Cin�Wave customers attractively priced Liquid chrome HD crossgrade programs. Please note that Liquid chrome HD utilizes much of the core Cin�Wave hardware. For more information on these opportunities, please contact your local Pinnacle sales representative.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
July 21, 2005 at 11:32 am in reply to: How to install Apple Uncompressed 10bit & 8bit codecs onto non-Kona Macs ?[Ben Cheng] ”
Guess Apple will have to come up with a codec-only installer in this case”Just follow Jared’s advice above and you’ll be all set.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Paul] “wouldnt it be nice if you could scroll through the thumbnails in your browser and see the clip in your NTSC monitor, Like Avid can do…sure would be nice, and if we could have BIGGER thumbnails….”
Nope, I want Media Manager fixed and I want to be able to recapture footage with speed changes that remain intact.
Once Apple fixes the annoying things and completely overhauls the Media Manager, then I’ll start dreaming of the little things that would make FCP a more efficient interface.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[CharlieX] “1)you cannot have the DSR1500 and any external Firewire drives connected to the computer at the same time.”
Why not? I’ve never heard of this one before. Of course you can have a Firewire drive and a DSR-1500 connected at the same time, especially to an eMac which has two Firewire 400 port. You can’t have two Video Firewire devices connected at the same time, but a drive and a deck, sure.
I would suspect that your 1500 is not set correctly for Firewire video input or your video connections on the back of the deck are not connected correctly.
With my DSR-11 there’s a small dip switch in the front for Video Input, I have to set that to DV for firewire input / viewing.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
July 20, 2005 at 10:38 pm in reply to: Can someone explain the 960×720 DVCPRO HD thing to me?[Bill Gilman] “So FCP has a Sequence Preset called “DVCPRO HD – 720p24” that shows up with a frame size of 960×720 (preset called “HD (960×720) (16:9)”) and a Pixel Aspect Ratio of “HD (960×720).””
That’s actually how DVCPro HD is recorded and that’s the frame size you should be working in. FCP automatically ‘stretches’ the image back out to 1280 for playback. Anything created in true 1280×720 will need to be rendered.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
FCP 5 unlocked QT Pro’s features here with QT 7.
But I paid the $30 anyway for the Pro features on several other computers. $30 is nothing compared to just about everything else I purchase here.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[ewin] “I have both the 1200 and 150 but the 150 does not have the 1394 interface… I guess I could use the Kona2 HD SDI out to the 150. I’ll look into it.”
Unfortunately that will add another round of DVCPro HD compression to the mix if you go in via HD-SDI and you don’t want that. Really, the only option to go longer is to rent a D5 or HDCAM deck and go HD-SDI out of the Kona 2 into one of those formats for the longer record times.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[walter biscardi] “Actually, the Panasonic AJ-HP126EX records 126 minutes of HD so you’re good to go with your entire show on one tape.”
Actually, after looking at it again, it looks like it will record 63 minutes in the 1200A and 126 minutes in the older model machines like the 150. The newer machines have a different recording style than the older machines and I can see now on the page that they specify the two recording styles and total tape length.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Francois Stark] “Well, I spoke to Pinnacle and the only way to fix it would be to sign up for a year’s tech support for the board, which would enable me to send the board in for repair.”
Gee, that’s a lovely solution, eh? A shame really as Pinnacle used to have one of the best support teams out there and now they want you to sign up for a year of support for a product that’s all but dead.
i switched to Kona 2 and am happy to work with AJA tech team any day!
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Actually, the Panasonic AJ-HP126EX records 126 minutes of HD so you’re good to go with your entire show on one tape.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters