Forum Replies Created

Page 1374 of 1462
  • Not seeing that here. Did you do a clean install of Tiger or did you upgrade from Panther?

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 21, 2005 at 8:57 pm in reply to: At my wits end

    [Arniepix] “Meet us halfway, tell us everything you can tell us about your system. Odds are that you’re not set up properly, & that’s why you’re dropping frames now.”

    If everyone would just fill out all this information in their profile, it would make troubleshooting so much faster and easier for all of us.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 21, 2005 at 5:55 pm in reply to: Huh? FCP can’t conform a sequence for uprez?

    You select the Sequence and tell Media Manager to create a new project using only the materials in that Sequence. FCP will create a new Project and then you re-digitize the media at the new resolution. That’s a very simplified version and you may want to review that section of the manual one more time for a more detailed explanation.

    It may or may not be easy depending on how the Media Manager is feeling today.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 21, 2005 at 5:42 pm in reply to: capturing 4 channel audio? help needed a.s.a.p

    [neil harris] “thanks – we are taking the cables apart at the moment to sort it manually – how do you change channels 3 & 4 in FCP???”

    You just manually drag the audio down to tracks 3 and 4 in an FCP timeline. For the actual capture, FCP will just be capturing Ch 1 and 2 again.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 21, 2005 at 5:34 pm in reply to: capturing 4 channel audio? help needed a.s.a.p

    You need to capture in two passes with 4.5. Simply send channels 1 and 2 from your deck to 1 and 2 in FCP. Then for the second pass, send channels 3 and 4 from your deck to 1 and 2 in FCP. I used to have to actually move the audio cables in teh back of the deck to do this.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 21, 2005 at 3:25 pm in reply to: DSR 1500A

    [CharlieX] “The 1500A exhibits the same problems as the AJA Io. It must have the whole FW bus to itself.”

    Hmm, first I’ve heard of this. Don’t see this with the DSR-11 or the Panasonic AJ-HD1200A.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 21, 2005 at 3:24 pm in reply to: would be nice if you could….

    [Mitch Ives] “that and being able to reconnect render files with a little bit better frequency…”

    Wooooo, another good one. Why is it if you move an entire project with all the correct media folders to another drive, all the Render files are lost? That’s really annoying and I’m thinking it has something to do with the Media management.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 21, 2005 at 3:22 pm in reply to: FCP 5.0 can it output 4 channels of audio?

    [Matt] “In FCP 5.0 if I use a Decklink Extreme Card can I output 4 channels of audio via SDI to a Digital Betacam (DVW-500) in a single pass, or do I have to do this in two passes?”

    Simply go into your Sequence Settings > Audio Output. Change it to 4 channels and whether you want the channels to be dual mono or stereo. Then go into your timeline and assign your audio tracks as needed.

    I do this all the time now with Kona 2. FCP 5.0 can now capture 8 channels of audio as well with the right hardware.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 21, 2005 at 2:35 pm in reply to: would be nice if you could….

    [Peter McAuley] “I coudn’ agree with you more Walter. It’s high time and long overdue that Apple fixes this huge problem. I’d give back all the extra bits we got in FCP 5 just for new and re engineered Media manager and more workable way of dealing with speed changes.”

    For several years now I’ve asked for the simple and elegant function of Media 100. All I did was cut an offline timeline, duplicate that timeline, then re-capture that timeline at the new settings and NOTHING outside the timeline was captured.

    Can’t do that so simply with Media Manager and it’s anybody’s guess as to how much extra, un-needed footage will be captured when you up-rez a project.

    As long as you don’t need to re-capture footage to up-rez or to bring back an offline project, Final Cut Pro is one of the best NLE’s out there. But to be sooooo weak at media managing and recapturing, that is really a bad achilles heal on the program and will keep a black eye on the program until it is fixed.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • FCP does not run timecode out from a Timeline. You need to manually pre-set the timecode on the deck, pre-black about 10 seconds at the head, then make an assemble edit to match the timecode.

    For instance with my Beta / DVCPro HD decks, I’ll pre-black a tape starting at 00:59:00:00 for about 10 seconds. Then set an In Point on the deck for 00:59:10:00 and set the In Point in FCP to 00:59:10:00. Make an Assemble edit and the TC’s match.

    I don’t think this is possible with the DSR-11, though I’ve never tried it with mine.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1374 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy