Forum Replies Created

Page 1361 of 1462
  • Walter Biscardi

    August 9, 2005 at 5:03 pm in reply to: Operation not allowed – out of memory? FCP5

    [Rory Hinds] “do you really think A) Apple read these post?”

    Actually, yes the Apple teams do read these posts.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 9, 2005 at 2:36 pm in reply to: Operation not allowed – out of memory? FCP5

    [Walter Biscardi] ”
    Go into your Memory / Cache Allocations and up the Still Cache to about 30 – 50%.”

    I should add this too:

    First Trash your prefs. Then launch FCP and let it open the Untitled Project. NOW Change your Memory Allocation, THEN open your project that’s causing the problems.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 9, 2005 at 1:03 pm in reply to: Price Quotes

    If you have the proper experience to pull this project off, $500 – $1,500/day or higher would be the going rate for you and a properly setup system.

    The best way to approach a project this large is to listen to the client, determine how long you think it will take, add 2 weeks to that estimate, and then give them a proposal that says, “Based on the information provided, I feel it will take 6 weeks to edit this project and the fee will be $800/day for a total of $24,000. Any days beyond the estimated time will continue to be billed for $800/day.” Just fill in your day rate in the $800. As others have suggested, you do not turn over the masters until you’re paid and you may wish to ask for a deposit if this project will run longer than 2 weeks.

    $50 – $65/hour is way too low for any professional video editor if their rig is included regardless of the NLE.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 9, 2005 at 12:58 pm in reply to: Operation not allowed – out of memory? FCP5

    Go into your Memory / Cache Allocations and up the Still Cache to about 30 – 50%. Something is very screwy right now with the Still Memory Cache with FCP 5.0 and 5.0.2 that needs to be addressed by Apple.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 9, 2005 at 11:27 am in reply to: AJ1200a Error 52 & 53 Information

    Good info Eric. Knock on wood, my 1200A has been running almost non-stop for 7 months with barely a hiccup.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 9, 2005 at 11:25 am in reply to: VariCam HD FCP workflow questions

    [Peacejames] “Walter, I work with DVCproHD a lot doing video game trailers and I stay within the DVCproHD codec sequence. In your workflow described above, I’m confused if you have two sequences, or if the 1200A has an SDI output.”

    I purchased the 1200A with both the Firewire and SDI Options so I have HD-SDI I/O and Firewire I/O in addition to SD SDI I/O.

    [Peacejames] “What I read is you have the one sequence that is DVCproHD, which you can out put directly via Firewire back to the 1200A.
    Do you then have another sequence, 8-bit 29.97 1080I Kona 2, which you had to render from the DVCproHD Codec to output through the Kona 2 to a 1080I HD-SDI deck? Or is there an easier way to use the DVCproHD codec without rendering?”

    The easiest way to do this is to simply master out to the 1200A via Firewire so it’s a lossless transfer out of the DVCPro HD timeline. Then use the 720-1080i Cross Converter in the 1200A and record to HDCAM right out of the deck. It’s very clean and works very well. It’s a simple crash record edit, hit Record on the HDCAM, hit Play on the 1200A. You need to also feed timecode out of the 1200A to the HDCAM deck to have matched timecode.

    Or I play the DVCPro HD timeline straight out of FCP via HD-SDI on my Kona 2 through a Terranex for the cross-convert 720-1080i and master to HDCAM directly.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • I’m pretty sure the properties should read 60, not 59.94 if it’s truly a 60fps clip. the 1200A always runs at 59.94 so you should have captured the 60 footage using the 720/60 setting. That should play in slo mo in the 23.98 timeline.

    I don’t have any 60fps footage loaded on my system right now and can’t remember how that worked when we did it. I’ll look around or maybe Gary Adcock will jump in here with the answer as well.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • You need to be working in a 24 or 30fps timeline for the slow mo to be seen. If you’re working in a 59.94 timeline, then the 60fps footage will basically play at “normal” speed.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 8, 2005 at 5:32 pm in reply to: Log & Capture Lockup

    Which version of FCP? What OS?

    RAM is a bit low, I would have at least 2GB in there to run FCP.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 8, 2005 at 5:03 pm in reply to: OT: Final Touch SD

    I have Final Touch HD here for an evaluation and have been dying to install it. All I’ve heard are fantastic things about it. Pay special attention to the Graphics card requirement if you plan to purchase it.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1361 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy