Forum Replies Created

Page 1360 of 1462
  • [Robin] ”
    Warn After Capture
    When you capture HDV, this option behaves identically to the Abort Capture option.

    And there lies my problem”

    Ah, as I haven’t worked with HDV footage to date, I have not experienced that. All of my work has been DVCPro HD and HDCAM.

    I’m betting that limitation has something to do with how the footage is recorded on the HDV tape.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • You can tell FCP to ignore timecode breaks and it will simply give you a warning at the end of the capture that timecode breaks are present.

    Keep in mind however that your timecode will not be accurate for any clips after the first TC break. So you will not be able to go back and recapture just one clip accurately in the future.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 10, 2005 at 8:33 pm in reply to: Kona Question

    Did you call or email AJA Tech Support direct? I honestly don’t know the answer to that one as I run the Kona 2 which is outstanding.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 10, 2005 at 11:41 am in reply to: 1080 preview from FCPro to plasma

    [Rafe Murray] “But if I were to get a second video card, couldn’t I use the Plasma like a third monitor? There’s a 1920×1080 preset with the Radeon 9200 and the plasma has a PC in port.”

    You won’t get the full resolution of 1080i I don’t believe. If you plan to drag the Canvas out there to view the project, FCP plays at about 15fps or so in the Canvas so your footage won’t be full motion.

    To view HD correctly, you really need a card like the Kona 2. I simply send out Component to both my broadcast monitor and plasma display to view both 720 and 1080. I also have the option of sending out HD-SDI as well.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 9, 2005 at 9:46 pm in reply to: upgrade question

    My standard answer is the Kona 2 with a set of Medea FCR2X Fibre Channel drives. You can do a search on this forum on capture cards, upgrades, etc…. and you’ll find a lot of discussions about this.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 9, 2005 at 8:32 pm in reply to: Please help a guy finish his film “better”!

    If you go to a high end facility like CineFilm Lab here in Atlanta (cinefilmlab.com) you can give them a DVCAM master. Then they can take it from there to whatever you want to do. Master it to DigiBeta, Upconvert it to HDCAM, etc… For HDCAM, you may even want to run the project through a DaVinci for better color enhancement. Mastering out to a DVCAM deck will keep the quality on tape exactly the same as the quality in your timeline so that’s a good place to start.

    If you decide you want to do some daVinci coloring, then a textless master would be best for that.

    [Rick Rose] “To make a “DVD” copy of my film, will I lose quality if I make a master copy of the film on DVCAM, upgrade to Tiger and the new Quicktime, re-capture the film (completed) and make a DVD with the new codecs and/or new FCP or new DVD Studio Pro or Imovie 05? (I have bought tiger and ilife already, but will not install them until this is figured out and I have a sure-fire master of the completed film)”

    Yes you will degrade the film if you re-capture. If you really want to update your system simply export the film as a self-contained movie and then bring that into the new project. In fact do two self contained movies, with and without titles.

    Don’t de-interlace anything, leave it as is.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 9, 2005 at 8:20 pm in reply to: VariCam HD FCP workflow questions

    [Peacejames] “So the 1200A is a really good deck for $25,000 including the HD-SDI board. Sounds like a good HD investment to me. Thanks a lot for clarifying your setup.”

    Excellent investment for me and our company. There’s not many 1200A’s out there yet so ours is in constant demand. My deck ran a little over $30k with all the options.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 9, 2005 at 6:45 pm in reply to: chroma-key cancellation

    I’m pretty sure the manual gives a good description of how to achieve a green screen using the Chroma Key. You need to put your background on a video layer behind the green screen video, then key out the green.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • [Don] “Anyone using a DVD burner with Hardrive to take direct output from FCP via firewire. Want to be able to do quick approval disks for clients of rough cuts. Any recommendations?”

    I just send a composite signal out of my Kona 2 K-Box along with RCA Audio outputs directly to my Philips DVDR-75 DVD Recoder for client approvals. Works really well.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 9, 2005 at 5:54 pm in reply to: Opening 4.1 Project in 5

    [Bret Williams] “Extension? Final cut project files don’t use extensions. They don’t even have the option to show/hide the extension. I’ve never seen nor used an extension for final cut, but I’m glad you got your project open.”

    actually, yes they do. With FCP 5.0 you’ll see the extension show up as .fcp when you save a file. I’ve not had to add an extension to a 4.0 project, but apparently some folks will have to add it to make sure they open.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1360 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy