Forum Replies Created

Page 342 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    May 16, 2007 at 3:45 pm in reply to: Jumping the playhead around

    If you go to the keyboard customization window, and change the view to Windows > Timeline window, you will find the “Move to CTI” shortcut. It is unassigned by default.

    You can also use the Pg up and pg down shortcuts to go to the next in/out of each clip.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 16, 2007 at 3:39 pm in reply to: Combine audio channels?

    If the audio is already in the timeline, use the fill left, or fill right effect.

    If the audio is still in the project panel, you can select the file and go to Clip > Audio Options > Breakout to Mono.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 16, 2007 at 5:48 am in reply to: View Program Monitor in External Monitor

    In order to see your preview window on an external monitor, you will need a firewire connection from your machine to either a Digital/Analogue converter, or through a DV camera, then to the monitor.

    Then simply go to the playback settings and enable external DV playback.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 15, 2007 at 5:35 pm in reply to: Images with text in premier

    Make sure you turn of the scale to frame size option if you are doing any kind of zooms, pans.

    What export setting are you using?

    Finally what are you playing back the footage on?

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 15, 2007 at 5:33 pm in reply to: VOB to AVI problem

    Likely the most asked questions. Try renaming the files to Mpeg.

    However, there are times when this won’t work, depending on how they were encoded. You next job will be doing a search on google for VOB to AVI converter.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 15, 2007 at 5:21 am in reply to: LAPTOP – still searching

    Also look at the DV9000t series from HP. That’s one of the few that offer dual 7200RPM SATA Drives.

    https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do;jsessionid=G3Lts1gfHf1Zu0h6NhuGgZg43aWpwzm54VkavhVCUQl2j4qP4lah!-51456142?template_type=series_detail&category=notebooks&series_name=dv9000t_series

    The 17″ Widescreen dual lamp is also a nice addition.

    Vince

  • Tim,

    My DVCPro comment was referring to the fact that you can’t import the format to Premiere without third party software period. I guess I can say I am lucky to have been able to invest into an AJA card, but not everyone can justify that investment. The other software options that I have seen are not much cheaper, and much slower, except maybe for Raylight which I’ve seen plugged here a few times, but have yet to put my hands on.
    I wish I had more time to experiment as well 😉

    The FCP workflow, I am not familiar with, but an HD SDI import is obviously a great option on either platform, if one can afford the card and storage costs. That’s easily 10 times the cost of Premiere, which many don’t realize until after they purchased the software.

    Nice to see you going around these forums, hope to hear more from you.

    Anyway to make the magazine weekly ? 🙂

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Hey Tim,

    Well, my workflow “was” the Axio route, and although I never got to the point of purchasing the sytem, I have a good friend who was willing to share it enough for me to realize that it was a much more workable system than the software solution Premiere offers (which is not really a big complaint for me on the side of Premiere), but the other big two do handle HDV much better natively.

    My biggest complaint has really been the compressed look of HDV, and that’s for a whole different discussion.

    I now only work with SD and DVCPro, and a bit of HDCAM. If you asked me, I’d say that the workflow for DVCPro is even worse than HDV on the editing side, but the look is much more pleasing, and you can obviously work in true 1080p.

    Because it is my feeling that HDV may not be around that much longer, I would be surprised if Adobe were to work that hard at speeding up the process…

    BTW Tim, what do you like to edit with in that little bit of spare time you have left ?

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Well, working with HDV natively in Premiere should probably be the first issue. Most of us don’t, because it is very, very slow… and that’s the actual first flaw.

    As for the grain issue, it’s going to be there because you are recompressing to HDV, which is already highly compressed to start with.

    If you added any effects, color correction, the quality is going to take an additional big hit. There could be additional issues with the export out of Premiere, but don’t expect a clean export either way.

    Just think of it as taking VOBs out of a DVD, editing them and exporting to DVD again. If you’ve seen those results on a plasma, you’ll know what I mean…

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 12, 2007 at 12:09 am in reply to: Is this pc spec good enough?

    just a quick note on 64 bit. Yes, some native 64 bits applications will will be faster, because the application no longer needs to support previous processors.

    Vince

Page 342 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy