Vince Becquiot
Forum Replies Created
-
I know DV Rack works with Intel mac on Windows XP.
Vince
-
Really, If you want to get anything done, use the versions that have worked for all of us.
I would Google up XP dual boot if you really want to keep Vista. Other issues will pop up along the way with with either CS2 or CS3 on Vista and you will be kicking yourself when you lose a project to corruption.
Both options are beta, and there are many many bugs that have yet to be unresolved. That error could of course be unrelated, corrupted hard disk, corrupted project, unsupported Codec (what format is the original footage in?).
Vince
-
It depends on the machine you are using. On a dual core 2.5 Ghz, 2GB Ram, an hour long SD video (without color correction, or softing options) should take about 2 hours.
On a Pentium 4, I’ve seen renders as long as 18+ hours. It really depends on the machine and the effects you are applying. Large images (I think Steve has it down to more than 50% scaling) will make your renders quite a bit longer.
Also, 2 passes double your render time. On export of less than 1 hour, use CBR.
Cheers,
Vince
-
Mike,
Thanks for the clarification. I never work on 30 fps timebase projects, so I actually never realized that that option wasn’t even available even on those type of projects. But what if you do work on a 30 fps project(not that it would be common occurrence, but given the previous post, I thought i would bring it up), would that conversion be done no matter what, since 30 fps isn’t available ?
Vince
-
Likely a driver issue, and very likely the display driver. Running fine over here on a Vista laptop, but you need to reinstall XP if you want to get any work done.
Vince
-
Mike,
I always thought that it was an error on adobe’s side on the export options.
One of the options is 29.97 non-drop, (30 fps?), the other 29.97 drop ??
29.97 is the result of dropping frame from 30fps, so if you came make sense of that for me I will be forever grateful.
Cheers,
Vince
-
Are you sure that the framerate is the culprit? Was that the only thing contained in the error message?
Encore accepts drop and non-drop, but really needs 480i/p. Other than the framesize, I can only think of another issue, and that’s a corrupted file. Try exporting a tiny work area and see if the same settings work out.
BTW, are you exporting with the Mpeg2-DVD settings, and what ARE those settings?
Vince
-
Make sure that you use the right type of track for the clip you are dragging. If it’s a mono clip, you’ll have to create a mono track first. (Quite possible if it’s a SFX you got from the web)
If you drag it below th timeline, it will create a new track for you
Vince
-
Are you using a single screen, are you on XP, do you have the latest video card drivers, did you check preview capture?
Vince
-
Hmmm, strange indeed… So, have you actually tried exporting uncompressed to the standalone version of Windows Media encoder, or just through Premiere’s encoder?
Those crashes are often a cause of the original codec used; what’s the format of the original file ?
Vince