Forum Replies Created

Page 328 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    August 30, 2007 at 11:01 pm in reply to: help correcting dirty lens ? dusty video

    Sorry, I don’t have much to add. How about selling them an old film look, easier to add dust than to remove it 🙂

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 30, 2007 at 9:13 pm in reply to: CS3 — P2 card—yes or no?

    Letting an application rely on too many third party plugins makes that application a lot less affordable and attractive in the end, not to use the term “deceptive”.

    This is actually really my ONLY major issue with the great application that Premiere has become, especially now that we have come into CS3.

    If Apple can bring P2 in into FCP natively (before CS3 came out), there is no reason Adobe couldn’t. Apple is in the business of building computers and iPods after all…

    DVC Pro and DVC Pro HD are becoming such a ubiquitous format that one can only hope Adobe will come running down with an update on this major flaw.

    Tic, tac…

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 28, 2007 at 8:05 pm in reply to: Shrunk or Streched Video Pains

    PP2 was never very good a slow motion or re-scaling, CS3 is much better, so is After effects.

    The resulting quality will also depend on the AVI format. DV, for example, will not yield to very good results, since it will need to be recompressed after any adjustment in size or speed is applied. Working with an original uncompressed file would be the best way to go here.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 28, 2007 at 1:58 am in reply to: AVI to DVD (very important)

    First, make sure you export uncompressed (Micrsoft AVI – Compression: none), not DV.

    If I understand right, you are using the AVI’s as background for the menus?

    Are you using an automated compression setting? If so, just keep in mind that the size allocated for the menus is limited (I can’t quite remember the exact number), but if you have a lot of them, that may be forcing a heavier compression.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 27, 2007 at 7:57 pm in reply to: HVX 200 remote zoom / focus

    Very insightful. Thank you for the additional details.

    I do usually rent bigger cameras, such as the D35 with servo and mechanical control, and of course, the HD equivalent is not worth the price tag right now unless there is a large budget involved.

    As many of you, I would love to be able to use the HVX on smaller dynamic productions instead of renting, but I want to make sure it will be usable with remote controls.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 27, 2007 at 3:33 am in reply to: HVX 200 remote zoom / focus

    Thank you for the overwhelming responses.

    I would indeed like to get more input on that bump issue before I spend anymore on this camera.

    This is obviously not a camera that can be used on larger, more critical productions, but I do love the amount of features and control packaged in what is really just a camcorder. When I compare its footage with that of similarly priced HDV cameras, it becomes clear that this is a different beast.

    I would love to be able to add that remote zoom and really want to know if that bump does occur. I can understand the focus lag, since it isn’t mechanical, and that should be all right in none live productions.

    Thanks again,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 24, 2007 at 7:32 pm in reply to: HVX 200 remote zoom / focus

    hmm, that looks nice. I would still like to see separate zoom and focus on each side. Trying to zoom and focus with one hand is just nearly impossible in action shots.

    Thanks for the info.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 22, 2007 at 3:03 pm in reply to: HDV newbie questions

    Not sure about HDV in the actual trial, but the beta version didn’t have that option.

    The launch icon should be in the CS3 folder, or even as standalone under “all programs”. Again, not sure it’s laid out in the trial.

    If you can’t find the install icon and have other inherent issues, I would suspect that you may need a clean install of the OS on your laptop. It could also be that Adobe won’t let you reinstall a trial after a system restore. I’m really stabbing in the dark here.

    Vince

  • Nope.

    V.

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 20, 2007 at 10:39 pm in reply to: HDV to DVD in CS3

    To the last question, Cineform Aspect HD would be recommended for speed of editing.

    Vince

Page 328 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy