Forum Replies Created

Page 329 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    August 20, 2007 at 12:10 am in reply to: HDV newbie questions

    Let’s start with the HD on the web. There are very few sites that offer HD, because, even compressed, a 5 minutes WMV video at a good quality will easily get close to 100 MBs.

    That would take a while even on a fairely fast DSL connection.

    What I really mean is that HD just isn’t ready for the web in longer segments. And if you compress it too much you are basically better off with a smaller resolution file as far as quality goes.

    I would recommed WMV, or Flash for compatibilty. The bitrate, if you want to use streaming, shouldn’t be above 512 Mbps.

    A tape will need to have a single frame rate for continuous footage.

    On a side note, forget 24p altogether, unless you are going to film.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 19, 2007 at 11:58 pm in reply to: Project Management

    Well, there are two ways to trim a project.

    If you are asking Premiere to “remove unused” without coppying to a new folder, the hierarchy should remain intact.

    If you are copying all to a new single folder, then, yes, I believe you are stuck the new hierarchy.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 18, 2007 at 4:11 am in reply to: Blue/Green Screen Curiosity Question

    I think the biggest issue there would be the bleeding on the subject. Of course that would depend on how bright the projector is, but the 6500 lumens we use on a regular basis on a rear fast fold sure washes walls around on that start up blue screen.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 16, 2007 at 4:37 pm in reply to: Good Filter to handle washed out faces?

    Unfortunately, what is washed out in DV is lost.

    You can try playing with levels, but the face will remain what is is.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 14, 2007 at 3:45 am in reply to: Public Speaker Audio

    Anyway you do it, I would recommend going through a samll mixer first. You could probably go through the PA (if they let you do it), but you are always better off doing the micking yourself.

    Otherwise, you are depending of the PA operator (If there is even one), and if there is hum, hiss, or the levels keep changing, you are stuck with it.

    Buy, or rent a wireless lavaliere unit (Don’t go for the cheap ones, they don’t work). look for Shure, Sennheiser, and the likes.

    You should be able to go directly into the camera, but I like to have a small mixer near by so that I can make minor frequency and level adjustments on site.

    I would mic the PA speakers as well for backup, maybe in you second audio channel. Make sure you camera audio is set to separate channels and not mix, so that you can use the best sounding one.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 13, 2007 at 4:27 pm in reply to: PP Performance

    Have you looked at the system performance window to see what’s happening at the time of the freeze ?

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 12, 2007 at 11:36 pm in reply to: How to animate a mask

    For masking, you will have to look at AE. Premiere really doesn’t have a mask feature, and probably won’t anytime soon. There is a garbage matte option, but it’s not very workable.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 10, 2007 at 3:24 pm in reply to: VOB to AVI best solution yet

    Dave,

    Well, at this point I was looking at freeware.

    Though I did hear it could yield to great results as well.

    I will be sure to give it a try on that next DVD extraction…

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 10, 2007 at 3:17 pm in reply to: Shooting Date & Time- How to display?

    No problem. BTW, I think the first one will only create subtitles. The second one will actually write the data to the file.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 10, 2007 at 4:09 am in reply to: Shooting Date & Time- How to display?

    The only thing you can display with Premiere is the timecode.

    If you happen to work in PAL, there is this freeware that will do it:

    https://www.video2dv.com/index.php?lang=en&page=dvsm

    Otherwise, there are several trialware that cn handle that as well:

    For 15 bucks after trial, I would recommend this:

    https://www.enosoft.net/products/enodvdec/enodvdec.htm

    Vince

Page 329 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy