Forum Replies Created

Page 330 of 427
  • Have you checked your levels in the waveform monitor? Saturation ?

    I would highly recommend hooking a preview monitor to After Effects as you design to make sure everything remains NTSC friendly.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 10, 2007 at 2:14 am in reply to: PP Performance

    What are your specs on the machine? How many drives, what speed?

    Scratch disk settings?

    The timeline won’t render unless you hit ‘Enter’.

    BTW, on a faster machine with a good graphics card (Nvidia 7600 and above) you should be able to play SD DV footage at full quality without rendering. Just switch your preview window to full quality.

    If you are playing non native footage, like Divx, etc., all bets are off.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 9, 2007 at 8:25 pm in reply to: VOB to AVI best solution yet

    As far as timing goes, it took a good hour on a Core 2 Duo laptop to export a 17 minutes clip to Quicktime animation, but the quality is untouched, and it plays beautifully in Premiere.

    I’m sure other codecs would be faster, but I can’t really compress this any further.

    BTW, Premiere would not even accept that same vob clip renamed to Mpe2.

    After stabilzing the footage in After Effects, and color correcting, I have to say that it is the best I’ve ever gotten out of a DVD.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 9, 2007 at 8:17 pm in reply to: PP Performance

    No, unfortunately, I don’t think so. I remember this happening to me even on previous versions. The problem went away after I moved to a Core 2 duo.

    The freeze has to do with the fact that Premiere has to work in the background creating new preview files when you make a cut for example.

    Before they implemented that method (I think on PP 1.5) you would actually loose most of your rendering even if you did a simple cut on a clip.

    I gave up rendering until I was done at the time.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 9, 2007 at 2:31 am in reply to: PP Performance

    Depending on your machine, and especially a P4, this will happen if you are editing rendered footage. The only work around would be to purge the rendered files.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 9, 2007 at 12:54 am in reply to: AVI and DV-AVI nightmares

    There is a lot in this thread, but I have a felling that what you are seeing is a color space compression. What color space are you working with in ASPro. Going from 32, 24, or 10 bits, to 8 bits will cause banding on gradients, and other artifacts.

    There is not way around it with SD DVD formats. You just have to preview when you work in ASPro to see how it translates in 8 bits.

    As far as uncompressed goes, that really is the only way to go.

    It’s not uncommon today for editors to work in terabytes, even in SD… have to with HD.

    Exporting to DV will not only compress the color range, but it is also one of the animator’s worst offender with its 5:1 ratio.

    Never a good choice for anything else than camcorder footage.

    Microsoft uncompressed AVI export will not work in Media player, because it’s an AJA codec. It will only work in your Adobe applications.

    BTW, as I’m sure you know, just because Premiere previews in DV, doesn’t mean it affects your footage at export time. Don’t trust what you see on the preview.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 7, 2007 at 2:17 pm in reply to: VOB

    More consumer oriented software, such as Vegas and Premiere Elements tend to have more support for consumer formats, such as direct to DVD recording.

    DVD is also a widely used format on cheap camcorders, so it just makes sense.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 6, 2007 at 6:37 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro CS2 loses time

    That’s likely because you are working in a drop frame format in Premiere.

    https://www.andrewduncan.ws/Timecodes/Timecodes.html

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 6, 2007 at 6:32 pm in reply to: VOB

    Try renaming to Mpeg2 before import.

    VOB has never been meant to be edited. It is a final media codec.
    Even if you get a succesfull import, you may experience anything from jagged playback, to out of synch audio/video.

    You will experience issues on FCP as well. The other issue is that chapter point create splits in files, and putting them back together will often yield to a bad cut. Yes on FCP too. It just depends on how it was encoded.

    The only full proof solution is using a A/D box (Canopus ADVC) to import through firewire.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 6, 2007 at 6:26 pm in reply to: How should I record My Screen

    Camtasia is one of the better ones outhere.

    Windows Media Encoder is free and includes screen recording features.

    Vince

Page 330 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy