Vince Becquiot
Forum Replies Created
-
Will the drop down fit on both the baby (7′) and the junior boom?
Vince
-
Sounds like a winner, thanks guys.
Vince
-
Have you looked at your system performances at the time of the freezes to see if it’s a load on the CPUs ?
Another thing to try is this:
https://www.docsdownloads.com/Tier1/enditall.htm
Right before you run Premiere.
Vince
-
Lorenzo,
I am assuming that one or more of these HDs are external.
Which ones are you using for scratch disk ?
Vince
-
What codec is you video compressed with ?
Vince
-
That should be easy using either the linear wipe effect, or wipe transition. Use the original green screen track and wipe to the corrected and chromakeyed track below it.
-
Zvi,
Nathan is right about keeping you bitrate at a lower setting. I honestly never ran into issues at 8 MB/s with PCM audio, and I’m sure I sent out over 2000 DVDs by now. Just be ready to ship the client a $50.00 player if they like to buy their AV equipment at deep discounts 😉
You also have to be careful to encode 1 or 2 x to avoid errors on cheaper burners.
As for VBR, it’s only useful above one hour of video. Since 8MB/s should be your max at VBR, if you are encoding at 8MB/s constant, there won’t be any further compression, and you are likely shaving 5 to 8 hours on your total encoding time. (On a 2 pass encode with 4 DVDs).
Do follow Nathan’s advise however. 9 MB/s on DVDR is not recommended unless you are an AV dealer.
To be exact, you can fit up to 63 minutes with PCM at 8MB/s constant. (GOP structure may affect that a little)
After that, it’s VBR world, and you should definitely use a calculator.
Vince
-
Vince Becquiot
July 31, 2007 at 5:16 am in reply to: Purchase of player/recorder for use with Primiere ProThat seems like a waste of money, to view a video on a screen no bigger than a viewfinder. You could probably buy a cheap miniDV camcorder for about the same prince (well I’m sure you could even find one for half the price).
But if you ‘re loaded, it’s a cool gadget, I’d buy it in a heart beat !
Vince
-
And with all of that typing, I forgot to mention that with the best bit rate (8 MB/s CBR), you should fit about 1 hour of video. (Depending on the audio codec)
If 1:15 only fiil 4 Gigs, you are compressing too much.
Use a bit rate calculator (Steven has one on his site) and enter the min, avg, max manually.
Vince
-
If you feel bad about “throwing out” content, just give the client a raw DVD as well with the edited version. Call it “outtakes” if you like 🙂
I know that weddings videos are a special case, since the only people watching them are usually just the the bride and groom themselves, but adding content to a DVD just because you have space goes against one of the very basic rules of editing, which is its actual definition: “The removal of unwanted footage.”
Although I only shot one wedding, they were very happy with the 15 minutes I pulled from the 6 hours of tape. Make it snappy, work harder on making those shorter segments creative and enticing.
Cheers,
Vince