Forum Replies Created

Page 332 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    July 29, 2007 at 11:04 pm in reply to: Another fixture question

    No problem,

    I currently have a few lights. (Arrilites open face, and fresnels, all 1K or less)

    However, I recently purchased a couple of large Chimeras and found that 1K just not going to do it (which I expected).

    These lasrge boxes just come really handy for larger productions.

    I just want to keep these news fixture I want to buy for them versatile, since there are not many location where I’ll be able to pull those 20 amp circuits.

    Are there any other switchable lights 1k/2k anyone would recommend?

    Thanks,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 28, 2007 at 6:49 pm in reply to: CS3 seems slower…

    It will be a little more resource intensive then CS2.

    Are you running Vista or XP?

    A USB drive will really slow things down whether on CS2 or CS3. If the CPU is staying at low %, it could be that it really hasn’t much to process, and that would point to a slow drive. Mybook drives for example are especially slow. Try putting the footage on your laptop and see if things speed up.

    BTW, tell us a litte more about the laptop. AMD or Intel, Brand / Model.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 27, 2007 at 7:04 pm in reply to: Editing MXF video files with Premiere Pro

    Well, next to the cost of those 16 Gigs P2 chips that nobody can even buy right now, that still isn’t all that bad…

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 27, 2007 at 3:46 pm in reply to: Editing MXF video files with Premiere Pro

    On a side note, since you seem worried about the cost of Raylight, you might want to sit down before pressing that buy button on Cineform 😉

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 27, 2007 at 3:49 am in reply to: AVI file import problem

    There are a couple of ways to export to uncompressed from Premiere.

    Did you use the uncompressed MS AVI, or did you choose AVI and then choose compression:none in the tab below?

    The second option should work on both CS3 and FCP, the first option is very specific to Adobe and may or may not work on CS3 mac.

    The best option would be to export as QT animation 100% for both FCP and CS3.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 25, 2007 at 10:37 pm in reply to: Closed captioning with Premiere Pro

    Here’s the deal. I think you will quickly realize that dealing with subtitles in AE or even Encore is a daunting (not to say time wasting) task.

    This is how I do it:

    Once the video is complete, I have someone transcribe it (that won’t cost you much), unless you already have a script, or feel you’d rather do that yourself.

    Then use this little guy:
    https://www.titlefactory.com/

    That will automatically break up the script in single or double lines.

    Allow you to press a button while watching the videpo live to time all the subtitles, then generate a formated text file with timecodes to import into your DVD authoring software.

    You’ll never want to do subtitling manually again.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 25, 2007 at 12:55 am in reply to: generate audio noise (like old vynil)

    Yes, there is a VST version. They only show Protools as a supported software. It “should” work in audition. Premiere is much more picky.

    I am not aware of any Premiere plugins for that purpose.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 24, 2007 at 2:36 am in reply to: Making audio sound worse within premiere

    Look 2 posts above. That technic should get you just what you want.

    It’ll even take care of the low and high pass frequencies.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 24, 2007 at 2:19 am in reply to: generate audio noise (like old vynil)

    Well, this is how I did it a while back, and it worked out great.

    Are you familiar with winamp ?

    If not let me know, I’ll give you a step by step.

    This is the deal: Download Winamp player, then download this plugin:

    https://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/39214

    It’s a vinyl record simulator! Then use the “Dust me” preset.

    Once thing to note, the gain is very picky on that somehow, so you’ll have to play with it until it sounds right.

    Winamp also comes with a wav out plugin. That will export to wav anything you play in it. Just select it as the output filter in your preferences.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 23, 2007 at 12:27 am in reply to: Using custom DVD menus in Premiere…

    Since noone seems to be answering, I will give you my limited knowledge on this one. Premiere is very picky (as is Encore) about formatting. Look very carefully at the naming of layers, do not add layers that are not part of the menu (Merge if needed). My advice would be using one of Premiere’s templates and changing small things at the time and check to make sure everything is still working.

    I would recommend Encore as it will save you some headaches, although, it’s still in its early days (stability wise).

    Last but not least, I have a feeling that PP2 may be indexing templates, meaning you may not be able to add new ones. I can’t confirm this, so don’t take my word for it.

    Cheers,

    Vince

Page 332 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy