Forum Replies Created

Page 327 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    September 8, 2007 at 5:07 am in reply to: Oh Oh

    Does anyone here use an express card to PCMCIA, or other PCMCIA adapter reader ?

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 7, 2007 at 9:54 pm in reply to: P2 & MXF Support – Now in PPRO CS3

    Oh boy,

    My day just go a whole lot better, maybe even the entire month. Of course, let’s try it out first.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 6, 2007 at 2:17 pm in reply to: Oh Oh

    If only they could come up with a editable format to go with it.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 5, 2007 at 11:06 pm in reply to: looking for a new laptop. Need help!

    I have the machine Blast mentionned. A Little fragile, but very bright display.

    Opt for (2) 7200 sata drives, you can also buy a eStata II express card for single external drive or even a raid setup.

    The graphic card is a Go7600 which can still handle HD very well, at least with Cineform. SD, no problems at full quality.

    Maxed out with Core 2 duo and 2 Gigs of ram, you can get it for under $2000.00

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 5, 2007 at 10:57 pm in reply to: How Do I Fade to Black

    There is one more way…

    Add the dip to black transition to the top layer, double click on the transition and change the end to 50. Done.

    You can also also set your fade duration at the same time.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 2, 2007 at 9:19 pm in reply to: HVX 200 remote zoom / focus

    Just wanted to let you that after your advice I ended up purchasing the Foxi and Zoe combination for a total of $700.00 (not that bad). There is indeed a tiny bump, so thanks for lowering my expectations 😉 I am nonetheless very happy with both !

    Now, on to saving for the M2 adapter…

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 2, 2007 at 2:06 am in reply to: marketing to new clientelle

    There lies the secret of good marketing. I think you could start by simply looking at the Cow newsletter.

    I would first make sure you have a clear opt out link, with no extra steps.

    I think you certainely can bring valuable content to your customers. It could as simple as new features on your website, such as a client area where they can preview content from their own production, free and discounted offers to existing customers, free footage/templates, etc.

    The truth however, is that the vast majority of newsletters are deleted before the second word is read, and most do tick off the reader somewhat. How often it’s being sent is part of it too.

    You should really look into other great ways to advertise.
    One is Google Adwords, probably the best bang for your buck right now, and it allows to advertise locally as well (Which is really the only way to advertise for start ups). It’s rather inexpensive as well.

    Good luck in your venture.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 31, 2007 at 9:04 pm in reply to: CS3 — P2 card—yes or no?

    I missed that, great to hear…

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 31, 2007 at 2:22 pm in reply to: CS3 — P2 card—yes or no?

    I know about the licensing deal, which I think as more to do with the fact that Apple has spent more time and money designing their system and collaborating with Panasonic, but as far as I know AvidXpress and Edius also supports DVCPro HD natively without Raylight.

    Sounds more than just an Apple exclusive, and I can’t think of any reason why Panasonic would want to restrict the use of its codec to other NLEs, they are a corporation after all, money is money.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    August 30, 2007 at 11:11 pm in reply to: HPX2000 Setup

    First let’s start with what you should “really know”.

    Besides the “black level” (Pedestal) adjustment and the rest of the features you mentionned, everything else is often used at a creative level.

    The pedestal is actually the black level. To make adjustments there, you first need a good calibrated broadcast monitor, as well as a waveform monitor (Adobe Onlocation can work for you on a budget, since HD monitoring is still far from affordable)

    I would download a trial and try to learn all its functions.

    If you have noise there is likely some gain, and maybe insufficient lighting ?

    Vince

Page 327 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy