Forum Replies Created

Page 326 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    September 16, 2007 at 2:24 pm in reply to: How do I convert wide screen footage to the 4:3

    Well, first, why convert it?

    16:9 is here to stay, and as more widescreens roll out at lower cost, it is only a matter of a year or two untill everything becomes 16:9. We now shoot EVERYTHING 16:9 unless a client couldn’t be convinced (Quite rare).

    But, it you do insist in using 4:3, you will have to import it in a 4:3 project, then “zoom out” until the top and bottom bars go away. (not in). You can then just center it horizontally if most of the action is in the center. You may have to “Pan and Scan” the footage if something on the sides needs to be seen. That’s done using the position sliders.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 16, 2007 at 2:54 am in reply to: Premiere Pro 2.0 Shortcuts

    hey, good tip, I’ll have to look into that.

    Thanks Steven.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 16, 2007 at 2:53 am in reply to: deshaker

    Well, Premiere comes with Steadymove, it has to be installed separately from the DVD.

    After Effects had a motion tracker that is a little better, but based on the same technique.

    Neither will perform miracles, and they both cause a loss of resolution, since they have to zoom in the image to absorb the motion. The more the motion, the more the loss.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 16, 2007 at 2:42 am in reply to: Premiere Pro CS3 on Mac has major lag

    Mike,

    Although I know nothing about the Mac version, I can tell you that none of this is happening here. (Core 2 duo) which is really the minimum that should be used for a reliable CS3.

    I get no lag whatsoever unless I work with non supported formats.

    Premiere doesn’t really fully support Quicktime, just as FCP doesn’t really support AVIs, nothing new here.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 16, 2007 at 2:35 am in reply to: image pan aspect ratio problem

    Todd,

    You mentioned 2 things that seem to contradict each other.

    If you maintain the aspect ratio (meaning you only use the scale adjustment), then you shouldn’t get any “squeezing”. And given the size of the image, I think it should work using only the scale and position settings.

    Now, if by “Compressed” you mean pixelated, then you are probably just looking at a low quality preview window.

    Make sure you either use a broadcast monitor or do an export to see the actual final quality.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 13, 2007 at 12:13 am in reply to: Premiere Pro 2.0 Shortcuts

    It has been discussed many times, and indeed the shortcuts are gone.

    My guess is that they had to change that with the new docked UI, but the complaints certainly weren’t enough in number to correct that in CS3.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 12, 2007 at 2:51 am in reply to: easy subtitles…anyone???

    As always, I recommemd the easy way for 50 bucks:

    https://www.titlefactory.com/

    I personnally would not do ANY subtitling work without this, or a hardware subtitler.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 10, 2007 at 11:07 pm in reply to: external hard drive for cineform hd avi files

    I would recommend the Free Agent eSata II drives by Seagate (750 Gigs should give you some room to do some uncompressed work). The speed is pretty amazing.

    You will also need a eSata II card adapter and a Sata cable.

    I think that’s the only way to go here for HD.

    The eSATA II card will be cheaper on a PC than a Laptop, count around $50.00 for PC, and $80.00 for Laptop.

    The whole thing should cost you around $400.00 at NewEgg.com.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 10, 2007 at 4:06 am in reply to: Oh Oh

    Wow, good call, that’s the model I own.

    So I guess USB is the way to go…

    Thanks a bunch.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    September 8, 2007 at 3:50 pm in reply to: Corporate Video with just Soundbites

    Well, in all these years, I have never been able to put “Pharma” and “exiting” in the same sentence.

    If this is a fairely known product, you should be able to obtain stills, even if you have to go to their website (Often under press kit) and get an approval to use them in the video.

    I think you should show them what the rough cut looks like and that may convince them to do so research. Or contact their marketing dept, ask for the designer.

    Vince

Page 326 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy