Forum Replies Created

Page 122 of 332
  • You can always use the Scale Composition Script that comes with AE to resize your composition to 1280×720. You will need then to manually adjust any elements that do not fit the frame as they should (ex- a 4:3 background that needs now to be 16:9)

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    July 22, 2012 at 10:29 pm in reply to: Which 3D FX/Tools?

    I use Zaxwerks Invigorator, Mettle ShapeShifter AE and Element and I find all to be of great help. To me it depends mostly on the kind of job I will be doing- time, money, client feedback and art direction. Based on these I select my tool. I did not find the need to go to a external full 3d app for title work and even for a lot of 3d work I do. All of the above plugins keep me inside AE. I would not be able to pick one over another- they all have strengths and limitations.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    July 13, 2012 at 4:01 pm in reply to: Element 3D

    The name of the game with Element is fast and good looking 3d. Here’s an example of an animation that took me a few hours when I barely knew the plugin:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m44KQ_2DS8

    It would have taken me a few days before Element to get this result using various 3d plugins and external 3d software.
    The Videocopilot website has some great videos introducing Element.
    Like Walter, I do not see Element as a “all in all” 3d plugin, but a must have along with Mettle and Zaxwerks. Best thing for me- it works great with my ATI card, no NVIDIA only here….(I think I will add this to all my posts until Adobe changes the situation).

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    July 12, 2012 at 10:09 pm in reply to: Footage stays still

    What is the resolution of your project/footage?
    It may be that the 2GB of RAM you have are not enough if you try a full frame preview and you may need to purge the cache or restart AE and then work at half or even a third resolution/preview size.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Similar to Dave’s suggestion, I would start by creating a clean plate, but instead of tracking each bird, I would use a 3d tracker like Camera Tracker from the Foundry to track the footage, then, instead of creating a camera solve, I would create a Null from each of the track points that track the birds and parent a layer with the letter B to it.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • I for one have never used antivirus on a Mac – never had the need for it. Whenever I used Norton on my pc machines it messed things up, so I quit using it for a long time now.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    July 8, 2012 at 9:02 pm in reply to: Trapcode particular question

    I understand now better your previous post- if you need real world physics in 2d, Newton is better suited for the job.

    https://www.motionboutique.com/en/shop

    To use Particular you may get away if you use a long lens on the camera and shoot from far away for the particles in one comp and position that as a 3d layer (the particles will be in a flat 2d plane though) in the logo comp- of course match the position to have the particles on top of your logo.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • To second Roland, ShapeShifter AE is fast and it allows for instant preview of how your 3d text looks like in the final comp. I am a big fan of Zaxwerks also, but there are instances where SSAE is faster. So I got both and use them for different situations.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • I use most 3d 3rd party plugins in AE and I can’t choose one over the other- Mettle has great stuff, Zaxwerks other great stuff and now Element, with pretty amazing stuff – all working on my AMD/ATI card ;D

    I would recommend saving up for all of these – great new features coming on Mettle stuff and Zaxwerks.

    Here’s a short test that would have taken me a couple of days to put together, but I did it in a few hours in Element – I hope the Videocopilot guys won’t be upset that I posted this before the 10th:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m44KQ_2DS8

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    July 8, 2012 at 6:13 pm in reply to: Re-orient layer axis

    Maybe if you explain why you need that, we could provide a solution, but as far as I know you can not do that in AE.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

Page 122 of 332

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy