Forum Replies Created
-
But Prospect Edit or even Aspect will pull it in over FW…correct?
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
I couldn’t agree more… Nice job guys.
Too bad you ended up a little bit hidden behind the “wall of Apple”…it seemed a little land-locked back there.
It’s nice to have a booth full of pros…and some of the guys (I know Greg at least) who wrote a lot of the software be present to talk about it.
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
I know no one has answered you here…and it’s not as if none of us use the CineForm system…though I have not personally keyed with it yet (which is why I did not respond to your post immediately), I know it should work very well because as you note, it’s 4:2:2, 10 bit…and full raster (unlike DVC ProHD or HDcam natively).
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Could the frame dominance be set wrong in Encore?
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
…but Media Player plays through those sections?
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Tim Kolb
April 30, 2006 at 3:03 am in reply to: The single biggest decision that I’ll make this year…I think I’d ask them straight out what their expectations are of you when you depart. I’d point out that you have to make a living and so you’ll be available for work…many of the clients who have been served by you in the past will most likely pursue you…
Do they expect you to defer those clients to them?
Do they think they’ll be strong enough to compete in an open environment?
Are they taking the business in a different direction so that when you open up again and start to skim some of the established business, they believe they’ll be focusing on other things anyway?
What do they see as the chief advantage to buying you out instead of starting fresh if they aren’t effectively neutralizing you?
…these are the kinds of questions that jump into my mind…
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
[Steven L. Gotz] “That’s the one I have.
I also have This One!”
In one of the few times that I differ on opinions with Steven…and being that I even write books for Focal Press…the Stuart Blake Jones book was one that I parted with the full retail price for and I can’t recommend it.
He spends a lot of time on a day in the life of a colorist or his philosophies for a good portion of the book. There are, despite the title, very few step-by-step scenarios that are helpful.
I’m not saying the whole thing is awful, but at this point I’d lean toward the Hullfish book, which is even a bit Avid-tilted, but the authors do describe the basic strategies well enough that you can transfer them.
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
I typically just use a black video clip…it actually gives you a bit more flexibility as you can fade title before the video fades in…keeping the text and the talent’s face from occupying the screen over the top of each other, which I find annoying.
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Tim Kolb
April 29, 2006 at 2:37 am in reply to: The single biggest decision that I’ll make this year…The whole thing seems odd to me.
If you are as much of the business’ capability as you say you are, why do they give you an out after 90 days?
And…no, it’s not nearly as difficult to move laterally and re-establish yourself, I’m doing it right now. People are loyal to the people they deal with as much or more as they are loyal to a building or a corporate logo…the whole thing seems foolish.
Are you sure there aren’t any details you’ve left out of this scenario?
-
[Michael Horton] ”
The reason we are leaving Stardust to go to the Rio is because of all the problems we had last year with AV etc. Yes, it was quite bad and was unfortunately beyond our control. I’m not making an excuse here, but you didn’t see what happened back stage. It wasn’t pretty.”Something tells me this AV company would be synonymous with “More” or “Again” even though almost all of us who have ever worked with them consider once to be more than enough… Unfortunately in Vegas, it’s difficult to get away from them.