Forum Replies Created

Page 277 of 350
  • Tim Kolb

    November 22, 2006 at 7:50 pm in reply to: time to go to fcp?

    Hmmm…as I read Troy’s post I realize I can’t add to, or modify any of it.

    …I’ll just say “ditto” as it mirrors my experiences.

    IMO, a very fine and objective post, Troy.

    Thank you.

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    November 22, 2006 at 3:38 am in reply to: Export quality is poor in HDV

    Whoops…keep it in one thread please. select the last message in the thread and click “reply” instead of making a new post.

    What are the encoder settings? What is the content? How well lit is it? What factors make it “not look good?”

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    November 22, 2006 at 3:36 am in reply to: Premier Pro 20

    You’ll have to be a bit more descriptive about your workflow before we can be of much help I’m afraid…

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    November 21, 2006 at 7:55 pm in reply to: P2/mxf support?

    CineForm imports it through Aspect or Prospect…

    Serious Magic’s plugin should also handle it on the way in…

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    November 17, 2006 at 10:33 pm in reply to: Why am I constantly linking files whenever I open a project?!

    Do you need to relink if the machine is left on and PPro is simply closed and reopened, or only if the machine has been powered off?

    Does the network where the assets are stay constantly connected?

    …I’m wondering if the project may or may not have some weird sort of corruption? Try importing the project into another project and relinking, and then try to open it later and see if that helps…

    It still smacks of something to do with the network though…

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    November 15, 2006 at 2:02 pm in reply to: Keep my DSR-570 or HVX200. Your Thoughts!

    I agree with Steve.

    Keep in mind that, as HD cams go, the HVX200 is the lowest res of the bunch. That said, I have been on several shoots with the camera and it does create aesthetically pleasant images without a doubt.

    For documentary work, I suspect the camera would do a nice job as long as you really, really knew it. These small cameras do have a tendency to be a little difficult to operate in less than ideal conditions with small buttons and deep menus.

    P2 storage would be excellent in durability for doc work, but the workflow of flushing cards and how you plan to handle that would be something to consider. Documentaries tend to generate great amounts of footage and I think many people who have jumped on the HVX bandwagon may have initially underestimated how useful a storage medium tape is…

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    November 8, 2006 at 6:56 pm in reply to: PPro2: Dealing w/ Video Latency Sound Card vs FireWire

    The Parhelia APVe is an excellent card. It isn’t an Open GL card like the PNY Quadros and that sort of thing, but it drives three monitors perfectly well.

    I’d probably go that way…the other benefit to the Parhelia is that the third monitor can be a video monitor with the proper color space as opposed to an RGB computer display…

    (I like the Quadros too BTW, I run two in my main machine…it’s just that they are all dual-head.)

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    November 7, 2006 at 5:38 pm in reply to: PPro2: Dealing w/ Video Latency Sound Card vs FireWire

    You would need to run a video playback monitor off your RGB display card to get close to sync’d with the audio card…not ideal for color correction, but the video would most likely catch the audio this way.

    As you know, the best way to sync FireWire video out is to take the audio output at the external device along with your video…like the Canopus ADVC boxes would do. Of course, surround sound is the catch there…

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    November 6, 2006 at 2:51 pm in reply to: LLC or DBA?

    Though I forgot to add that 1 million liability is the minimum even worth getting and the insurance is is pretty cheap as far as insurance goes…

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    November 6, 2006 at 2:50 pm in reply to: LLC or DBA?

    [Bruce Bennett in Madison, WI] “Plus, I have a couple of clients who do not do business with DBAs just because there is too much risk of the feds considering “non coporates” as “employees of the company” during an audit.”

    That’s valid.

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

Page 277 of 350

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy