Forum Replies Created

Page 335 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    December 5, 2011 at 10:12 pm in reply to: Is FCPX the Othello of NLEs?

    [Oliver Peters] “I expected it to be more solid than Avid MC 6, which it decidedly is not.
    “

    You mean you expected a piece of version 1.0 software to be more stable than a version 6.0 one?

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 5, 2011 at 10:12 pm in reply to: A Nice Plus

    [Jim Giberti] “I’m surprised I haven’t seen this discussed, or maybe I’ve just missed it, but there’s something really big about fcpx that was a real and constant issue in all precious fcps – remotely reliable output from your timeline to any and all flavors of compression.”

    This forum very rarely discusses the good points of FCPX, but you’re right it’s nice not having to compensate for the QT issues

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 5, 2011 at 10:06 pm in reply to: Is FCPX the Othello of NLEs?

    [Rob Mackintosh] “Very well said.

    I’m sick of all the half-assed testing I’ve had to do to make this software usable.
    “

    If you don’t want major bugs and you want stability, NEVER use a version 1.0 product of ANY software, FCPX is a complete code rewrite, what did everyone expect? It will be at least a year if not more before it reaches even a basic level of maturity.

    I’m using it, knowing full well there will be issues, as it happens I think it’s surprisingly stable and usable for a first release.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 4, 2011 at 3:19 pm in reply to: NEX-FS100 Workflow

    FS100 works very well with FCPX, I wasn’t expecting much from the codec but it actually stands up very well. Use the “import camera archive” function in FCPX and it brings in the files very quickly, much faster than FCP7 does with AVCHD material.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 4, 2011 at 3:12 pm in reply to: Failing so hard

    [Aindreas Gallagher] “You don’t find FCPX problematic then? You don’t have issues with stability, reliability, the canned effects from motion with limited parameters, inability to manage large projects, how do you work with music based edits? Are you flooding the primary with the audio? That’s the only thing I can do, and that just feels incredibly stupid. Don’t you find the fact that we’re being asked to use iMovie and iPhoto events in the least annoying? Isn’t that a bit of a stupid paradigm for professional use? “

    Within it’s known limitations FCPX is perfectly usable, I’ve used it on a dozen projects and it’s been great. Many others are using it for commercial work and it’s fine for them also. Cutting music based edits is NOT a problem when you actually learn to use the software. I don’t give a monkeys about the iMovie and IPhoto imports because I never use them.

    Have you started learning Avid yet?

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 25, 2011 at 9:42 pm in reply to: Large projects

    I don’t believe FCPX works as well under Lion as it does on Snow Leopard, certainly on my system there is less lag on actions and it doesn’t get bogged down on memory leakage as much

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 25, 2011 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Large projects

    Haven’t spotted this at all in all my FCPX projects, but I haven’t been using compound clips or markers very much. It’s a very worrying development.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 23, 2011 at 5:35 pm in reply to: Large projects

    FCP classic used to be painful with large projects as well, it was only in the later versions that it improved. Hopefully it wont take as long with FCPX.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 21, 2011 at 11:42 pm in reply to: FCS3 & X on MBP 10.6.8

    Not recommended on the same drive, but I’ve been running on mine for months without issues

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 21, 2011 at 11:41 pm in reply to: FCP7 XML to FCPX XML import???

    Or buy X27!

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

Page 335 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy