Forum Replies Created

Page 334 of 426
  • On the plus side it will help elongate the endless speculation about what Apple may or may not do with it’s Pro line

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Does it actually need to render to play? You can turn off background rendering in preferences and render out later, In my experience with the software it seems to play almost everything without rendering.

    Black placeholders are gap clips, just like in Avid as for everything else, that’s the way the software works, it’s different, you need to learn exactly how it works to avoid some of the issues you have mentioned. There are lots of resources out there that will tell you how to work correctly with FCPX. I would highly recommend them if you continue working with the software.

    Otherwise PPro is a great alternative

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 6, 2011 at 4:48 pm in reply to: A Nice Plus

    [Christian Schumacher] “it won’t change in the foreseeable future.
    “

    How do you know this?

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 5, 2011 at 11:06 pm in reply to: Is FCPX the Othello of NLEs?

    [Walter Soyka] “Added onto this is the perception problem: FCPX may be a 1.0 product, but the FCP franchise moved beyond 1.0 ten years ago.”

    True, it should never have been called Final Cut

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 5, 2011 at 11:01 pm in reply to: Is FCPX the Othello of NLEs?

    [Jim Giberti] “My simple point is that if I can’t Save a project I need to know that the little man that Apple decided would do that for me is actually doing it and not getting drunk at the local bar (I have employees for that).

    We did, in fact, lose a lot of work on two occasions when X’s autosave failed and had to do Time Machine recoveries – literally the only option.

    That ain’t professional development.”

    I’m sure when they finally implement “versions’ this will solve the problem, hopefully with the next release

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 5, 2011 at 10:37 pm in reply to: Is FCPX the Othello of NLEs?

    [Oliver Peters] “I believe that’s correct. That’s still less time than Apple has been working on FCP X.

    – Oliver”

    True, but FCPX is an entirely new piece of software, Avid is new code, but fundamentally the same software.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 5, 2011 at 10:36 pm in reply to: Is FCPX the Othello of NLEs?

    [Rob Mackintosh] “I don’t even mind paying to participate in a public beta program but a little more guidance from Apple would be nice.”

    It certainly would, but Apple aren’t exactly known for being particularly helpful. I also think the outcry against FCPX seems to have made Apple close themselves down even more

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 5, 2011 at 10:31 pm in reply to: Is FCPX the Othello of NLEs?

    [Oliver Peters] “Huh? I’m running it now. There are a number of differences caused by the change to 64-bit, such as filter compatibility and some of the things tied to QuickTime, which is still a 32-bit engine. So yes, it’s correct. Why not poke around on the Avid forums if you don’t believe that.
    “

    No, I meant that If it WAS a complete rewrite, which it appears to be. However as I understand it they have been rewriting elements of it for the last couple of versions but only compiling as 32 bit which has given them some extra time to test the code, which is why it’s relatively stable.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 5, 2011 at 10:19 pm in reply to: Is FCPX the Othello of NLEs?

    [Oliver Peters] “Version 6 of Avid Media Composer and Symphony is also a from-the-ground-up 64-bit rewrite. It’s just that they duplicated the design and interaction models of the existing software. It’s definitely new code.
    “

    Good point, if it’s correct.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 5, 2011 at 10:16 pm in reply to: Is FCPX the Othello of NLEs?

    [Oliver Peters] “I don’t believe they will. Look at the other current Apple software under Lion, such as Pages/Numbers/Keynote/TextEdit. There is no Save/Save As. There’s an initial Save A Version and Duplicate. I believe the FCP X design is very consistent with that.
    “

    Exactly, apart from they stupidly haven’t actually implemented “versions” yet

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

Page 334 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy