Forum Replies Created

Page 336 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    November 20, 2011 at 9:08 pm in reply to: Tracks

    [Chris Harlan] “D/Vision–for those who have never heard of it–was highly successful NLE (and contender for the throne) that was eventually purchased by Discreet, and was improved and sold as Edit*”

    D/Vision, was great, I spent a long time working on the offline version absolutely rock solid edl’s from it, better than Avid at the time.

    D/Vision online showed so much promise, shame it was murdered while still so young. At least FCP had a good life before it met it’s sticky end

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 20, 2011 at 6:51 pm in reply to: Tracks

    [Franz Bieberkopf] “Without opening the question of how they have added to it, my point was that the A/B roll model is the fundamental model they’ve chosen – it informs the way they approached the timeline.
    “

    I’d agree with that

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 20, 2011 at 6:27 pm in reply to: Tracks

    [Jeremy Garchow] “I really think that the simplified interface isn’t as simple as some people make it out to be. I find the timeline to be very powerful, yet not really “simple” when you start really using it for its advantages. Sure, some processes have been simplified.
    “

    Agreed, if you actually use FCPX for any length of time you soon realise this.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 19, 2011 at 10:20 pm in reply to: News

    [David Roth Weiss] “I don’t get it Jamie, the logic is clear, what are you missing? Abandoning ten years of legacy projects, completely retraining staff, and changing the vernacular of 110 years of editing terminology, just to avoid that click and a few clip collisions seems completely logical.
    “

    I’m sure they were the only reasons they did it.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 19, 2011 at 8:34 pm in reply to: News

    [Jamie Franklin] “I found it more annoying than anything. Is there a way to turn it off? lol

    My primary annoyance with this gui is all that automation…running the mouse over a clip and hearing weidhwuiefhurehgfireug started to grate.

    It would be a nice surprise if it was a custom feature.
    “

    Yes you can turn both audio and video skimming off, and I did when I first started using it, but now I leave video skimming on

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 19, 2011 at 8:17 pm in reply to: News

    [Jamie Franklin] “The elimination of a click though? I can skim through any media with the source viewer. I’m forced to click or slog through jkl keys but it’s not a feature that’s “missing” anywhere else…just the click”

    That’s what you might think, and I wasn’t sure when I first started using FCPX, but the benefit becomes clear when you are working on real projects with it, getting through hours of footage is noticeably quicker.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 19, 2011 at 8:04 pm in reply to: News

    [Jamie Franklin] “But really, what can it do that others can’t? It seems to be the price point and iron control of the timeline is all that separates it. Maybe it’s easier to use to some extent, has the media management stuff 1-2 shots, (just off the top of my head) but none of the others are really that challenging and offer things that seemingly to me far outweigh the new features…”

    If I had to choose one thing that I like most, it’s the skimmer and the ability to look through rushes quicker than any other NLE I’ve ever used.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 19, 2011 at 7:59 pm in reply to: New Facility ..

    [Craig RussillRoy] “Very simple -)

    IMAC -> Thunderbolt -> UltraStudio 3D – > SDI OUT -> Blackmagic UltraScope SDI IN

    Adstream London, England”

    So what is the Ultrascope in (or connected to) for monitoring?

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 19, 2011 at 7:23 pm in reply to: Goodbye macpro towers…

    [Jeremy Garchow] “When was the last time someone walked in and bought a MacPro, graphics card, or HPz800 from a physical store?

    My answer is never.

    Just curious on what your experience is.
    “

    Once had a motherboard blow on a MacPro at a very critical time on a project, being able to drive to the local Apple store and buy a replacement off the shelf saved the day!

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    November 19, 2011 at 5:40 pm in reply to: Goodbye macpro towers…

    [Dennis Radeke] “Hey, they have the cash for it, but I don’t think that the fit is there. Adobe wouldn’t be as profitable to Apple if they were Mac platform only. Part of our zen if you will, is being open and cross platform. I don’t think that would happen to fit with Apple’s business model right now. And to point back to the original conversation, a Tower would be a compelling argument for Premiere Pro and After Effects, but if there isn’t going to be another tower then (barring Craig’s prophecy) it makes even less sense.”

    I think they would have made a move for Adobe by now if that was their plan, I hope they don’t in the future.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

Page 336 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy