Thanks, Sandeep.
Somebody on YouTube asked me how I made an earlier version of this sequence and I’d originally done it with Photoshop and stock image maps for the text and and the planet, but I thought it would be interesting to see if these could be done entirely procedurally in Motion only.
Your particles project got me thinking that there’s a lot more one could do with procedural techniques in Motion that I certainly haven’t thought about.
I did think about showing how to do the starfield background as well but that would have taken more time than I had available. Again it would have been perfectly possible, and doing it procedurally would have opened up more possibilities for animation with very slightly shifting and twinkling stars, drifting nebulae and some small amount of parallax – the kind of almost subliminal animation that can be really effective.
Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com