Shane Ross
Forum Replies Created
-
Todd is correct.
As for a “budget HD monitor solution,” I’m afraid that you are looking at close to $4,000 for that. $500 for a decklink HD card (As HDV cannot be monitored out thru firewire like DV can), and minimum $3500 for a very low end HD monitor.
Shane Ross
Alokut Productions
http://www.lfhd.net -
Shane Ross
December 15, 2005 at 4:36 am in reply to: Hey Pros! How do you output your QTs to insure that PC users can easily see them?.MOV files come in many many MANY flavors. What codec did you output to? THAT is the big thing.
I myself have had no problems with Sorenson 3 at 320×240.
Shane Ross
Alokut Productions
http://www.lfhd.net -
The size of the photos should be at least DOUBLE the pixel dimensions of the project if you intend to do any sort of moves. 720×480 means that your pictures should be about 1440×960. DPI can be anything, as it is meaningless in the video world (300 or 15, it looks the same).
Are you judging this quality on an external monitor or TV? That is the only way, as the computer monitors won’t give you a true representation of the footage.
.pngs or large .gifs or .tifs are best. Avoid .jpg.
Shane Ross
Alokut Productions
http://www.lfhd.net -
The speaker outs of the G5 to a Behringer 8 channel mixer, then to my Advent Speakers.
Shane Ross
Alokut Productions
http://www.lfhd.net -
I have never had things off sync by seconds. At most, frames…and a small amount. I would only notice that off sync issue when playing audio from the computer speakers out and the video on the external monitor.
I have never seen a sync issue with capturing…but this is HDV and a lot of decoding is going on. I have captured from DV, betasp and DVCPRO HD and did have sync issues.
I’ll let people who work with HDV handle this topic.
Shane Ross
Alokut Productions
http://www.lfhd.net -
-
Film effects by nattress.com. It has a filter that gives 30i video the 24P treatment.
Man, it seems I am plugging this set of plugins for EVERYTHING.
Nattress, is there anything it can’t do?
Shane Ross
Alokut Productions
http://www.lfhd.net -
You have the camera hooked up via firewire to your computer, and via RCA connected to a TV. This way you can see and hear the audio with no delay. This way you also see the video at full resolution.
I never use that small reference window.
Shane Ross
Alokut Productions
http://www.lfhd.net -
#29: Need AGP Graphics card
Shane’s Stock Answer #29
You either need to either:
1) use the following hack –
https://www.xlr8yourmac.com/feedback/final_cut_pro_on_old_macs.htmlor
2) Upgrade to FCP 5
https://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302667
Shane
Shane Ross
Alokut Productions
http://www.lfhd.net -
You misunderstand.
Your G5 and FCP is FULLY CAPABLE of delivering a broadcast quality tape. It is used all the time for broadcast work, including the Superbowl and the World Series. SCRUBS is done all FCP.
What you need is training…the knowledge of how to online and prepare a show for broadcast.
You can try Moviola Digital (LA) and Video Symphony (Burbank), but I think they offer offline training, but you never know. Or they can point you in the right direction. And don’t expect someone to come to your site, you’ll most likely be going to them. Also try Digital Film Tree.
Shane Ross
Alokut Productions
http://www.lfhd.net