Forum Replies Created

Page 2199 of 2285
  • Shane Ross

    January 7, 2006 at 10:13 pm in reply to: Dell 2405 LCD at $879, but drops frames w/FCP

    I have two and have NEVER had a problem with this. 60hz is the only setting, true, but I have never had one dropped frame, and the 4 other editors I know who use FCP and the Dell have also never reported any problems.

    I fail to see HOW the monitor could cause dropped frames, since it is connected to the graphics card, not the firewire connection or capture card, so it doesn’t interact with FCP directly.

    Can you post the link from Barefeats? I read the Apple one and am perplexed…what monitors are they referring to? Am I one of the few that this works for? I can also capture to a firewire drive connected to my computer and the camer connected to the drive with no problems…an issue many report. I can also capture to my iBooks internal drive without dropping a frame. Am I in some sort of weird stasus bubble where things work?

    Shane

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 7, 2006 at 10:08 pm in reply to: footage name

    Not unless you rename the clips on the scratch drive manually and then re-import. This is one of the good things about logging and capturing…it allows you to name the clip BEFORE it is captured, then it keeps that name.

    It there any reason you need it to have the same name? YOu never really should be touching the original media files anyway.

    Shane

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 7, 2006 at 7:44 pm in reply to: Converting FCP project from 29.97 i to 24 P

    YOu have to use a converter, like Magic Bullet or Nattress for this. Just putting it into a timeline and rendering won’t give a desirable effect. Magic Bullet and Nattress both do a good job, and I doubt you’d be able to tell the difference between the two when you were done. The bit difference is that Nattress is $100, and Magic Bullet is $795

    Shane

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 7, 2006 at 8:30 am in reply to: Capturing or Clipping Individual Scenes

    The only way to get individual clips of each take is to manually log and capture. And with Media Manager being as unstable as it is (nick named the Media Mangler) I’d never use it.

    Logging and capturing really doesn’t take that much time.

    Shane

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 6, 2006 at 12:59 am in reply to: DVCPRO HD Frame Rate Converter.

    Thanks Walter.

    It was in the browser, but didn’t work. I brought it into a new project and the conversion worked like a charm.

    Sweet!

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 6, 2006 at 12:51 am in reply to: Any Ideas???audio

    Have you tried mixing down the audio? Under the SEQUENCE>RENDER ONLY menu.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 5, 2006 at 10:40 pm in reply to: Converting FCP project from 29.97 i to 24 P

    Yes it can.

    Download FILM EFFECTS from http://www.nattress.com.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 5, 2006 at 8:40 pm in reply to: Control of BetaSP UVW-1800 using Final Cut Pro

    Good frist post.

    Here is the workflow on how to capture the beta footage routed thru a DV camera or deck:

    https://proapptips.com/tips/article.php?story=20050801043306611

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 5, 2006 at 8:02 pm in reply to: HDV playback problems in FCP

    That’s right. You need an HD capture card in order to do this.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 5, 2006 at 9:58 am in reply to: Surely there is A clean way to Deselect everything?

    I don’t have the same issue. I click in the grey area and any clip I have highlighted de-selects.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

Page 2199 of 2285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy