Forum Replies Created

Page 2187 of 2285
  • Shane Ross

    January 27, 2006 at 7:32 pm in reply to: FCP HD formats

    D5 would be digitized at uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2 or 4:4:4, depending on the capture card you get. DVCPRO HD does not require a capture card, or anything more than FW800 or external SATA Raids, but once you want to capture D5 at full resolution, then you are looking at a Decklink 4:4:4 card, Kona 2 (or Kona 3, depending on your model of G5) and Fibrechannel Raid drives…plus an HD monitor and D5 deck rental. Unless you know what you are doing, then I’d suggest against this. Find a place that has an HD FCP Online system and operator, and a D5, and have them do the online for you. Then transfer the D5 footage to DV, or DVCPRO HD if you have the room, and perform the “offline” creative cut.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 27, 2006 at 8:47 am in reply to: Deleting tape names

    Not that I know of…at least up to v11. The list just grows and grows and grows.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 27, 2006 at 7:56 am in reply to: HD in FCP

    What format of HD are you talking about? You need to be specific…there are so many.

    Are you talking HDV? Then yes, you can capture that into FCP 5 via firewire…and via the camera.

    Search this forum for the keywords HDV to hear all about it. It isn’t an easy format to work with.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 27, 2006 at 5:26 am in reply to: Decklink HD monitoring

    It is in slot 2, as it cannot fit into slot 1. The heat sink bumps against the electronics above it. In slot 3 is a firewire card with 3 extra ports.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 27, 2006 at 3:59 am in reply to: Decklink HD monitoring

    I connected an HD Link and get the same thing…a small window on my monitor, and the DISPLAYS still say TV. So it appears as if this is stuck in downconvert to SD mode, but I cannot find how to get it out of that…

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 26, 2006 at 11:19 pm in reply to: Varicam Settings on Import

    Read this for tips on converting:

    https://homepage.mac.com/comeback/iblog/Work/B787268209/C836512295/E20060105203248/index.html

    A little gotcha that Walter told me about.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 26, 2006 at 8:38 pm in reply to: Preview Disabled with 1200HD deck only. Walter?

    Thanks to an Assistant editor, I figured it out. Thank GOD for assistant editors.

    I tried everything you said Walter…to no avail. I figured it had to be some deck setting. So I called this assistant I work with often and he said that because of the deck being used on Avid and FCP constantly (I rented this deck from an editor who works on an Avid…but it is used in FCP to capture footage for the Graphics guy) that settings get changed all the time. All I had to do was reset it to factory defaults. I did and BOOOM! It worked.

    Thanks for your quick response though.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 26, 2006 at 8:31 pm in reply to: Trading clips between Avid Express HD and FCP

    Seeing that Avid digitizes the footage into a proprietary Avid format…yes, you do need the application for this.

    One good reason not to mix NLEs.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 26, 2006 at 6:24 pm in reply to: A question about the new AG-HVX200…..

    Well then I am mistaken. Glad to be so.

    I just got my hands on the camera today, so I should keep quiet until I know more…

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 26, 2006 at 4:07 pm in reply to: A question about the new AG-HVX200…..

    From what I understand, the firewire connection is for the DV tape mechanism only…capturing only footage recorded on tape. The only way it captures DVCPRO HD is to the cards….that signal is not sent down the firewire cable.

    And to get the footage off the cards, you can either use the built in USB 2.0 ports, or get a P2 card reader.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

Page 2187 of 2285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy