Forum Replies Created

Page 111 of 195
  • Robin S. kurz

    March 20, 2015 at 3:34 pm in reply to: Timecode

    I’ll take that as a “no”.

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    March 20, 2015 at 3:32 pm in reply to: Continuing a bezier ?

    [Andy Neil] “or else I’d shrink the image to fit within the frame as Robin suggested and then scale it up after.”

    Rather, to be more precise, scale the GROUP with both in it up and down. Otherwise is could prove unnecessarily fiddly. 😉

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    March 20, 2015 at 3:20 pm in reply to: Continuing a bezier ?

    Why not simply zoom DOWN so you can see the entire image… make your path etc.… then zoom back UP?

    Otherwise, yes, ⇧V is what you’ll want from the sound of it.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    March 20, 2015 at 3:17 pm in reply to: spinning 3d object.

    Depending on the Logo, I’d most likely use mObject. Have never been much of a fan of the “replicator trick”. But if it works for you… 🙂

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    March 20, 2015 at 9:32 am in reply to: spinning 3d object.

    How exactly are you getting a 3D logo in Motion? Motion has no 3D capabilities. Or are we talking about a CLIP of a spinning logo? mObject?

    Either way, the only way would be to loop the spin the moment the object is at a right angle to the screen, which seems obvious. No idea what else you could do. Depending on how exactly you’re getting this “3D”, how fast it’s spinning, what the logo looks like etc. etc. etc. it will likely be a tedious and inelegant solution either way.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    March 16, 2015 at 6:42 pm in reply to: Emitter Won’t sync with Replicator.

    Then there’s really nothing to go on, sorry. It’s one of those “you had to have seen it” kinda things.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    March 16, 2015 at 9:18 am in reply to: Emitter Won’t sync with Replicator.

    Without seeing the actual project it’s hard if not impossible to know exactly what’s going on. But it sounds to me as if both simply *don’t* have matching animation curves, which one can obviously easily check in the keyframe editor.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    March 11, 2015 at 8:42 am in reply to: swapping two shots

    [Herb Sevush] “you state that there is nothing lost when going to a trackless timeline”

    Nope, sorry. You’re the one speaking of supposed “losses” of which I’ve merely stated that I personally am not aware of. Whereby I’m still waiting on that list to even know what it is we’re even talking about? Pretty straight forward and simple task I would have thought. And sorry that I can’t prove a negative btw.

    [Herb Sevush] “… so you could see at a glance the nature of the audio clips on the timeline”

    And even though I already wrote (more than once) that there is a very easy way to do just that, you choose to ignore it and go by insinuation/assumption as opposed to actual knowledge (which seems to be the archetypal pattern of the whole discussion). Which was my point from the beginning. Merely making claims for argument sake and for lack of knowledge of even the most basic facts. Wow… quite the hubris.

    And I also predicted that anything I could see one pointing to, could at best fall into the realm of “personal preference” or “habit” and certainly not “loss”, which that color-coding “argument” is a perfect example of. One night argue that that could be a nice enhancement, but it’s kinda hard to “lose” or “trade-off” something that one never even had (even elsewhere) to begin with, don’t you think? I do.

    [Herb Sevush] “These are repeated requests by editors using FCPX all the time. “

    Oh! So enhancement requests are a completely unique quality of X! I had no idea! 😀

    [Herb Sevush] “shows the trade-off required by switching to X”

    Either you can clearly define your ever reoccurring “trade-off” with a specific example, or… you’re blowing smoke (i.e. trolling). Simple. I can’t see how someone basing his entire position upon logical fallacies and hearsay can be considered “a reasonable guy” by any stretch either, sorry. But I guess that’s just me. I’m more of the “Put up, or…” type of guy.

    [Herb Sevush] “I’m merely stating what to me is obvious, that they are different approaches, each with their own advantages, and the decision of which to use should be based on the individual editors workflow and preferences.”

    I’m merely stating what to me is obvious, which is, no, that’s not what you’ve been saying or suggesting. Not even close, sorry. I can only assume you’re being willfully obtuse if you want to act as if that’s all you’ve been talking about. Disingenuous at best. You have said nothing other than that there are losses and trade-offs (is there an echo in here?) inherent with the switch to X. None of which, despite repeated requests, you are able to name specifically, but instead choose to make patently false claims and unsubstantiated presumptions as if they were fact. No idea what that has to do with “the individual editors workflow and preferences”.

    Especially if you’re (all of a sudden) graciously allowing us those “individual workflows and preferences”, in which case I have no idea what the point of the whole argument even is. Because again, that’s just plain not what it has been about, so let’s not pretend. Saying (to repeat it for the umpteenth time) that I’m “losing” and “trading-off” something (whatever that something is) by using X is something entirely different.

    In case it’s still not clear…

    LOSS = if I were to go back to FCP 7 or whatever NLE it applied to, I would LOSE things like the magnetic timeline, superior metadata management, alternatives, audio-syncing etc. etc. etc. etc.
    TRADE-OFF = If I were to go back to FCP 7 etc. I would be TRADING a sleek, modern interface for a fugly one.

    Someone that hasn’t even so much as seen or used THE DEMO of an app but still vehemently insists on “participating” in a forum for said app, can clearly only be defined as one thing. Making this whole discussion even more of a farce than it already is.

  • Robin S. kurz

    March 10, 2015 at 4:37 pm in reply to: Motion Updae

    Well, all I know is, that I have both running just fine. You may want to consider a re-install… or just plain get v5 and what else goes with it.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    March 9, 2015 at 9:38 am in reply to: swapping two shots

    [Herb Sevush] “AND ANSWERED.”

    I unfortunately have no idea how you figure that there is any type of “answer” in there. Certainly not to the questions who supposedly made the claim or what I or anyone has supposedly “lost”. Never mind the list of “trade-offs”. Oh well.

    But then, it’s not like I was actually expecting anything on any of it… 😀

Page 111 of 195

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy