Forum Replies Created

Page 1146 of 1230
  • Rafael Amador

    September 15, 2007 at 4:08 am in reply to: Can anyone help me recover from this crash?

    [bogiesan] “> I’d like to run Disk Warrior and Disk Utilities, but I can’t get the machine to go into a proper start up mode. It just runs the fans real fast… so I can’t start from a Disk Warrior CD. Apple no longer has the little hole which allowed one to poke a pin into and open the drawer.< That was a decade ago. Hold the mouse down on restart, that will always open the #1 optical drive drawer. "
    Hi Bogiesan,
    Please explain me this of the “Holding the mouse to open the #1 optical drive drawer”
    I’ve been working with my G5 and using DiskWarrior for a few years. Now I just bough a MacBookPro and I don’t know the best way to keep it optimiced. What is that of the “#1 optical drive drawer” ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 13, 2007 at 5:26 am in reply to: Alpha Problem

    Hi Scott,
    The Sheer codec is not free. Is around 150US, but I think is really worth the money. You get 8/10b Unc, YCrCb and RGB, 4224 and 4444. And the files are half the size of the Apple codecs.
    I

  • Rafael Amador

    September 12, 2007 at 4:20 pm in reply to: Alpha Problem

    Hi Scott,
    If you change the “Alpha’ kind once the clip is set in the time-line, that doesn’t works. You must set the clip again in the time-line to to make the change effective.
    BTW, if you are working with 10b Unc, why do you use Animation? Animation (apart of being RGB) provides you an 8b Alpha channel. I use Sheer that allows to work with a 10b Alpha channel in RGB or YCbCr. Rendering your graphics in 16 or 32b and exporting an 8b Alpha is a pity.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 12, 2007 at 3:59 pm in reply to: Jitters (artifacting) when exporting from FCP to DVDSP

    Hi Steve,
    You movie can look great in your Mac even having interlacing problems. The only way you can make sure that there is not such problem is with an interlaced monitor or TV set.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 12, 2007 at 3:55 pm in reply to: explanation of 5:4 and 4:3

    Hi Clea,
    Just forget about the 5:4 issue. That is the aspect of a PAL movie when is displayed as square pixels. In that case you get the same proportions whatever is your clip: 4×3 or 16×9. This is what you normally get when you open a PAL movie with QT player.
    When those pixels are displayed properly the screen will show the correct aspect ratio.
    So if you are working with PAL let the 5:4 set in the capture and in the sequence settings. Just check the “Annamorphic” if you are capturing or editing 16×9.
    Cheers
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 9, 2007 at 1:09 pm in reply to: “speediest” codec to render to?

    Hi Mortimer,
    I don’t work with HDV, but as Chris says, the less expansion-compression processes that you make your footage go through, the best. If you can do everything in one step I think is worth the annoyances of the workflow.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 9, 2007 at 1:00 pm in reply to: Freelance work on a powerbook

    Walter,
    Out of the plugins issue (damn), did you notice a better performance with AE CS3 over the previous versions?
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 9, 2007 at 12:44 pm in reply to: Freelance work on a powerbook

    I work a lot on the field and I’ve been doing that for a few years with my G4 Powerbook. Now I’ve got a job for a year or so that will make me edit on the field a week a month, so last Fryday I bought a 17′ MacBookPro Core2 Duo with 4GBs RAM.
    Yesterday I installed the full FCS2. I haven’t had yet time to test it much but this morgning I sent a movie to Compressor to make an MPG2. Amazing. Runs at least three time faster than my Desktop G5 Dual 2GHz, 4GBs RAM.
    Now I need a LaCie FireWire800 PC card so I will have three FireWire800 and two FireWire400 ports available. Enough to work SD and I think enough too when, hopefuly, I will go XDCAM in the next few months.
    As Jeremy says, is a bit short of screen (too many things in the FCs window), but almost wherever you go you can borrow a PC screen to work with two screens. I look forward too to buy AE CS3 as soon as my empty pockets recovers a bit.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Hi Nigel,
    I’m also in the waiting queue. Any news about the release?
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 5, 2007 at 8:12 am in reply to: Can anyone help me recover from this crash?

    Try to start pressing the button that open the DVD driver tray, it may opens then you can put the Diskwarrior CD.
    rafael

Page 1146 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy