Rafael Amador
Forum Replies Created
-
Open the “System profiler” and you will see what you have in your Mac. Look in “Audio Built In”.
As long as I know all the Mac have Line-in, Line-out. If you want to plug a mic through the line-in, you need to convert the impedance first.
Cheers,
Rafael -
In the H264 interface there is something like “Frame reordering”. May be that?
rafael -
Hi Mech,
i tried AutomatickDuck a couple of years ago (came free with Combustion) and what I’ve got was areal mess. I guess that after two years improving the product and with the high price of the plugin, should works fine. However you should ask in the Automaticduck forum here in the Cow.
talking about a different subject, I’m with Borjis about using the Animation codec. has been the standard for a long time but I consider it obsolete at the pressent. First because is RGB, and second because is only 8b. To send back and forth from FC to AE I us SHEER. You can export 8/10b Unc, YCbCr/RGB and 422[4] or 444[4], so allways with a magnifico Alpha channel available. if you edit in 10b YCbCr, why to put on top 8b RGB animations? And if you render 16/32b in AE, why to conform yourself with a poor 8b Alpha channel. Added to that the files you get are half size of the Apple 8/10b Unc codecs. For me has been a good investment.
cheers,
rafael -
What has been always recommended is to install the RAM in pairs Extract the original chips and install the news to see if they work.
it seems tha FC can not yet use more than 2Gbs of memory although some application (AE CS3) it suposed can do it.
cheers,
rafael -
Rafael Amador
September 18, 2007 at 4:20 am in reply to: moving edit from version 6 to version 5.1.4Last week i needed to open a FC 6 project in a G5 with FC 5.1.2, I exported a XML 4.0 file but FC couldn’t open it. When I tried the XML 3.0, great everything was there.
Cheers,
rafael -
As long as I know when you send to Compressor from the FCs time-line you don’ need to set manually the compression-marks. FC and Compressor works toguether, so Compressor considers there is a compresion-mark in any of the cuts in the time-line. Its doesn’t matter if there is nested clips.
If you export a self-contained movie, you only get the compression-marks if you have set them manually and you export including the markers.
I asked in this forum what happens if you export a refference movie and them bring it to Compressor. Uli Plank (a very well informed person) told me that iven if you don’t set the compression-marks manually they still be there and Compressor can read them.
Cheers,
rafael -
Hi Don,
Thanks for your answer. I’ve got a bit up-set for what I sayd before. The camera can do the 422, but SONY don’t want. I wouldn’t have got up-set if the camera wouldn’t look so beautiful.
Time to wait.
Cheers,
rafael -
Hi Andy,
We have been talking about XDCam, and I always thought XDCam is 422 with 18-25-35Mbps. If with a 35Mbps you can record a 422, why to limit it to 420? You got everything in the camera to get it. I havent go to any of the HV formats because IMHO they are not HD. I’m from the old school and for me HD means more quality, not just more pixels. More color samples is what I want:-)
BTW I have to write you. I’ve got a good friend (and very good video-editor) that wrote me few weeks ago that he was thinking to apply for a job in AJE.
I hope you like the DVDs. My clips are just CC exercices and many of them are “over-done”.
I really will apreciate your critics. Here I got no body that can give me a proffesional point of view. Just play them in a TV set.
Cheers,
rafael -
Hi Don and Andy,
Sorry but my English is a bit short, and this is still confusing for me.[Don Greening] “The signal is taken directly off the imagers, bypassing the the MPEG2 compression process”
Do that mean that the camera record 420 wile out-put a 422 from the HDI-SDI port? If is like that, is the same that if we say that my SONY DVCam gives a full uncompress broadcast PAL signal. That is what I got by-passing the DV compression through the Composite Video-out or S-Video. Yes I can get a 10b Unc recording directly to my HD with the BM card. A signal thousand times better than the one I get from the tape. But I can not bring my G5 to the mountainn to work.
I’ve been fallowing a very interesting thread in this forum comparing XDCam with DVCproHD.
OK, I accept that recording a 422-MPG2-Long GOP-35Mbps can yield better picture than a 422-Intrafield-100Mbps (I accept it because because many people has experienced that).
But I don’t belive that the same will be true when talking about a 420-MPG2-Long GOP even if we increase the the data-rate. If XDCAM EX record only 420 what we got is just an improved HDV. The old mean approach of SONY to the pro-sumers?
Please cool me. I don’t want to look back to the HVX202.
Nice week-end,
rafael -
Hi Don,
I’ve been waiting for the XDCAM EX for a few months. Now I see this of the 420 sampling. I’ve got shocked. Is it a joke? You say that can out-put 422 using the HDI-SDi interface. What mean that, that from a 420 makes a 422? If is like that this is a deception. You can do the same in FC.
Cheers,
Rafael