Forum Replies Created

Page 1144 of 1230
  • Rafael Amador

    September 18, 2007 at 1:49 pm in reply to: Panasonic HVX 200 Quality

    Thanks Shane. As I sayd before, time to wait. That never harms.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 18, 2007 at 12:46 pm in reply to: Panasonic HVX 200 Quality

    Well Ken the support is a matter of time. SONY is SONY. Hoever the 420 sampling has been a deception for me. I expected a 422. SONY could have make a revolution with this camera but as you says, I start to think too that is a HDV re-packaged.
    Anyway, no hurry-up. Time to wait.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 18, 2007 at 12:30 pm in reply to: Automatic Duck Alternative For FCP to AE?

    Yes may be a Combustion’s problem. The truth is that I lost interest in Combustion because AutoDesk didn’t payd any attetion to the program for a long time. The release of Combustion 4 for Mac it tooks almost one year after Combustion 4 for PC was released. Is a pity because I think is a very good piece of software and when I bought it I think was more advanced than AE (ie. used to render in 32b three years before than AE). Now I feel confortable with AE and if I would need to send things from FC to AE more often for sure I would think about the Duck.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 18, 2007 at 12:17 pm in reply to: Panasonic HVX 200 Quality

    Hi Ken,
    Thanks for your advice. I’ve been following a thread in the “CineAlta” forum basically comparing XDCam with DVCProHD. There they say that with the new Flash-memory of the XDCam EX, the workflow will be easier and faster than with P2 cards. The workflow is a very important issue but now I’m more interested in to comparing the picture quality that the two formats can offer. The XDCam EX has been just released so probably we will have to wait few weeks untill we can get some impartial feed-backs.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 18, 2007 at 12:01 pm in reply to: Automatic Duck Alternative For FCP to AE?

    I bought Combustion 3 in September 2004 while I was in the US. I’ve got for free a version of AutomaticDuck with the “FC OMF-export” and the “Combustion OMF-import”. I tried few times to export a simple time-line from FC without geting a good result.
    Them I came to Asia and i didn’t try again because i stoped working with Combustion. As long as i’m not in the US, I can not even buy the Combustion 4 up-date. However I guess that AutomaticDuck works fine today because I know they have been working a lot to improve the plugin.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 18, 2007 at 9:38 am in reply to: FCP Capture preview window always on top

    Click in the dock the thumbnail of the application you want to be on top of FC. Other solution is to click the FC thumbnail in the Dock and choose “hide”.
    Chers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 18, 2007 at 9:24 am in reply to: Gamma shift when importing from AE back into FCP

    You can not avoid that since AE always render in RGB. However, as Chaos Wrangle points, FC 6 allows to change the gamma of the footage and graphics on the brownser.
    There is a very good article about this issue by Charless Poynton (this guy really knows a lot):
    “Mergin computing with studio video: Converting beteen R’G’B’ and 4:2:2”. Is a must-to-read for anybody that works with FC and AE.
    cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 18, 2007 at 9:07 am in reply to: fcp frame blending

    I guess you talk about the “Frame blending” option that you get when changing the speed. If you set your speed to 25% and you don’t check “Frame blending”, you get that frame repeated four times. If you check “Frame blending”, you get your original frame and three other frames that are obtained by interpolation. So if you want your slow-mo looking smooth you must check the “Frame blending”.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 18, 2007 at 8:53 am in reply to: Panasonic HVX 200 Quality

    Hi Shane,
    I haven’t had the chance of working with the PANASONIC HVX 200 but I was considering to buy it. Now the Sony XDCam EX has been released and looks great. Do you thinc that this camera (420, MPG2, etc) will equal the quality of the panasonic (DVCProHd..). I want to start to shoot HD but I can not thinc to go to a higher standard or model. Thanks for your advice,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    September 18, 2007 at 8:46 am in reply to: Waaaay OT: Keep losing Flash Player Plug-in

    Hi Wayne,
    Go to the QT player prefferences>Advanced>Mime Settings>Miscellaneous-Miscellaneous file formats. Check “Flash media”. I think is that.
    Cheers,
    rafael

Page 1144 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy