Forum Replies Created

Page 137 of 221
  • Mike Velte

    January 21, 2007 at 9:41 pm in reply to: Second graphics card, for triple monitor support

    30 screen triple row…and one must inquire about pricing…inquiring minds want to know.

    https://www.video2stream.com

  • Mike Velte

    January 21, 2007 at 12:39 pm in reply to: Second graphics card, for triple monitor support

    I cant see the use for a 3rd PC monitor (other than HD)…but most of us do have a 3rd NTSC or PAL TV monitor attached to our workstations for preview. While Windows does support dual video cards, there are some restrictions, like both must be identical?

    https://www.video2stream.com

  • Mike Velte

    January 21, 2007 at 12:35 pm in reply to: Slide shows

    Creating neat slide shows with Premiere can be done, but short cuts dont fit in the workflow. I do quite a few pics to video projects and could not do these efficiently without ProShow Producer.

    Preview; automatic image preview resize…try this in Premiere with a 6 or 8 MP pic.
    Motion; random motion to a selected group of pics,,,very easy motion keyframing.
    Transitions; random transitions to a selected group of pics
    Duration; instant click and drag duration changes to a selected group of pics.
    Text; tons of animated text motion presets
    Easy layer masks…
    try a demo at photodex.com

    https://www.video2stream.com

  • Mike Velte

    January 20, 2007 at 4:36 pm in reply to: Setting up a Link

    Make sure your host has video MIME settings or video will only download and not play.
    I have used fatcow.com for years.

    https://www.video2stream.com

  • Mike Velte

    January 20, 2007 at 12:30 pm in reply to: 2 Pass Encoding

    For movies less than 1 hour, 2 pass is just a waste of time. Even using PCM audio one could go as high as 7800 kbps CBR which is just about as high as anyone should go, so 2 pass has the same peak limits.
    The advantage of 2 pass is when the VBR peak bitrate can exceed the CBR rate by a large amount.

    https://www.video2stream.com

  • Mike Velte

    January 19, 2007 at 9:19 pm in reply to: Preferred Encoding Software?

    Windows Media Encoder 9 is free and works well…maybe your MAC can be set up with one of the newer Parallel Windows Universes… or an old PC lying around.

    https://www.video2stream.com

  • Mike Velte

    January 19, 2007 at 9:13 pm in reply to: Neurosurgery video

    Editing and recompressing already highly compressed video is waste of time. Windows Media Video and most other web formats are lossy compression codecs.
    To get decent quality video at 1 mbps, one should start with at least 25 mbps digital video. DV is lossy, but ever so slightly and can be re-edited and recompressed several times without noticable loss of quality.
    Now if you are just doing straight cuts only…no titles or effects, Windows Media Encoder 9 comes with a File Editor utility that can cut clips. Then there are a few “joiner” apps that will join the pieces WITHOUT recompression. I use Rejump Video Joiner on a rare occasion for this.

    https://www.video2stream.com

  • Mike Velte

    January 19, 2007 at 8:53 pm in reply to: Area blur needed

    [Steven L. Gotz] “Well I’ll be a Monkey’s Uncle. I just learned something.”

    I guess I am your first cousin then cause I did not know that either!!

    https://www.video2stream.com

  • Mike Velte

    January 19, 2007 at 8:42 pm in reply to: adobe pp. 2.0, peak file generation glitch

    Is the video DV that you captured with Premiere or some highly compressed stuff?

    https://www.video2stream.com

  • Mike Velte

    January 19, 2007 at 3:16 pm in reply to: Size of project Files

    I suspect a large amount of assets is not the total cause of large project files. I suspect a large cause is editing in the timeline…dragging clips around, changing in and out points…rearranging stuff continuously…basically just too much mouse clicking in the timeline. I have seen relatively simple project files grow to 50-75 MB apparently because the editor dropped his assets directly into timeline in no certain order and spent hours rearranging things.

    https://www.video2stream.com

Page 137 of 221

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy