Neither of those programs are for DVD authoring though so the question remains unanswered.
What program is being used to create the DVD from the file you provide?
Are you certain you’re logged on as administrator?
I work at a community college and the only time I’ve had that issue is when the students are on their (rather limited) profile).
My admin profile works fine for CD extrraction.
i’d stick to either WMV or MPEG-1 for any video clips as PPT seems to be happiest with either of these formats.
For graphics, I’d go with PNG or, if you have to, JPEG.
November 8, 2007 at 7:30 pm
in reply to: file sizes
Lower the bitrate and you’ll be able to get more movies on it.
Be advised that this will result in a video quality reduction but somehow I don’t think that’s an issue for you 🙂
The DV codec in Vegas is one of the best out there so I wouldn’t worry about it. The only time things get recompressed is if you’re doing an effect of any kind and then it’s only the transition that is affected.
If you’re concerned about it (and not worried about the extra render time), do your new track renders in Best mode.
I’ve never defragged and haven’t notice any problems from not doing so.
If you really wanted to, you could copy everything from that drive to a backup drive, reformat it and copy everything back again.
There’s no Vegas files of this that I’m aware of.
However, a Google image search of silent movie title card turned up several different cards that should be easy enough to replicate with almost any paint program.
Check out the NEW Rendertest-HDV.veg thread on the Sony Vegas forum.
You’ll see several reports of different render times on various systems.
Then decide if you want to spend the extra for a quad core or not.